User account with Parental Restrictions showing new inappropriate content

chrisoldroyd
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

chrisoldroyd

Just noticed that this has been happening in the last few betas. Basically I have my daughters account setup to only show movies with a PG rating. 

When I add new content it has started appearing in her library and in the Recently Added widget on home Movies home screen too. I have checked the new content and it is all rated at UK 15 or 18 but still shows up in her Kodi library and without any artwork too.

Logging into Emby as her, none of it is visible and the restrictions work as expected. The problem only appears with new content as anything in the library previously is still restricted within Kodi.

I have attached a screenshot of her home screen widget showing the weird behaviour. The problem persists after a reboot too.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks

Chris

5697f8041c24a_IMG_0396.jpg

• Solution
Angelblue05

Emby tends to add things first without scraping any metadata, send a websocket message, then it sends an update to refresh the item with metadata. So my guess is your daughter's account got the first message, but not the second because then it had rating and it was blocked.

I believe the solution is to block content without rating in the emby user account under parental control. This should prevent any message to add items that have no rating (which was the issue at the time, the item didn't have a rating)

Once you enable that setting, you can run a manual sync, and it should remove any unwanted additions (that are not available to your daughter's account)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

chrisoldroyd

Thanks guys, I turned on" block content without rating in the emby user account under parental control" (it was already on for TV shows but not movies) then did a manual sync and bingo they have all gone now.

I will keep an eye on it but pretty confident you have fixed my issue.

Thanks you both for your help!

Chris

• Like 2

chrisoldroyd

No problem, I use Titan Skin, it is simply stunning and extremely customisable. Can't recommend it highly enough!