Emby Refusing Connections

Guardian Hope

Guardian Hope

@@Luke

I have been able to recreate the logfile that appeared when Emby Server appeared to startup normally but obviously did not. I did this by changing the port from 8096 and 8920 to 9096 and 9920 and setting the port authorization to false in the configuration file so it would act like a new installation.

Obviously, Emby still refused the connection on 9096 and 9920. I have also attached 8096 and 8920 which I reset it to after following the above. Naturally Emby wasn't going to bind to the 8xxx ports as Ubuntu's Emby is listening on those ports so they are already in use and "technically" directed to a different IP even though it's the same system.

Log files attached.

server-63588832037.txt

server-63588832047.txt

Edited by Guardian Hope

Guardian Hope

after you set tthat value to false did you get an admin prompt?

@@Luke

Yes, UAC promoted for administrative permissions for Emby Server which I subsequently allowed (per the normal when it's working). Still, accessing via localhost, 127.0.0.1, or any other IP external to the device but still on the Local Area Network resulted in the connection being refused.

make sure you haven't disabled WMI or any windows networking services. i vaguely recall something similar related to that

Guardian Hope

make sure you haven't disabled WMI or any windows networking services. i vaguely recall something similar related to that

@@Luke

I am going to check the networking services tomorrow (and in particular the VMNets as they normally need to be reset after a build update) but when you mentioned the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) it got me thinking about the Trusted Platform Module in the system

Usually TPM is pretty transparent (and I did disable it and reenabled it to make sure it wasn't the TPM itself) but I know TPM has control over WMI and a lot of other things.

When I bring up WMI through MMC there aren't any options other than to query it (see attached query log) and the WMI Service is running.

Also, as far as I can tell - every Windows Networking Service  (WLAN, Network Sharing, etc.) that needs to be running is actually running. Is there a particular service that I should be looking for?

WMIReport.txt