Playlists Android TV

theswordsmahin
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

theswordsmahin

Long time Plex user, evaluating Emby. I LOVE a lot of things about the app, but one thing that has become commonplace in my household has been to shuffle video playlists (made up of many different series) to watch random episodes of whatever. For example, a playlist for 20 minute comedies, or a playlist for 40 minute comedies, etc. 

I have made the playlists in the web client, and they play exactly as imagined there. When I try in the android tv app though (on Nvidia Shield Console if it matters) it shows an empty "Songs" list, and any attempt to play just shows the message "No playable items found". 

Is this a known bug? If it is, is it likely to be fixed any time soon? As silly as it may sound, this is the primary reason Plex is still installed. I have tried to see if this is mentioned elsewhere but could not find any reference. 

Thanks in advance! 

Hi, yes looks like a bug in the app, we'll take a look at it.

In the meantime, a temporary workaround should be to use the web interface to send a remote control command to play the playlist. When you do that I think the app will just get a list of video items and treat it like a video list.

• Solution

It isn't a bug but, rather, a known limitation at this time.  Only Audio Playlists are supported right now.

You can shuffle entire series but not multiple ones currently.

The bug at this time would be the fact that these playlists are showing up for you now and I will look at that.

• Like 1

theswordsmahin

Thank you both for your quick replies! The remote option is a good idea, but will probably not work for the less tech savvy in my household unfortunately. 

Is there any rough eta for when video playlists will be supported? Just wondering :) 

Thanks again

Sorry, I can't give any estimate at this time.  I would suggest creating a feature request for it just to see if people come out of the woodwork asking for it.  It will eventually happen anyway but if a feature request got a ton of traffic that might help move it up the list.