Invalid username/password

0x24D

​Recently I have been having a problem logging into any account on my server. If I try to log into an account, with or without a password, I receive an 'invalid username/password' error. The only way to solve this problem is to reinstall emby then set it up again.

I reinstalled emby 2 nights ago and when I tried to login this morning it would not let me, this happens on both the web client and the windows client.

Hi, welcome. are you logging in with Emby Connect or with your local Emby server user and password? You can always click forgot password on the sign in screen to go through the password reset process.

• 2 weeks later...
anderbytes

I've been having a very similiar problem.

Once a day (maybe something related to a task?) my password needs to be resetted when I try to log via Web Client, because the one that worked until the last day won't work anymore.

Today by 1am I've used Emby successfully, but not by 6am the same password gives invalid as response.

Oddly, I tried logging with Emby Theater and the password was accepted.

AFTER that, the web client also came back recognizing that password.

ps: imagine having to reset your password EVERY DAY.

EDIT: It happens that my password manager auto-typed inside "username" box but somehow it wasn't been correctly recognized. Once I cleared the username field and typed it myself, the "bug" disappeared.

Edited by anderbytes

I've been having a very similiar problem.

Once a day (maybe something related to a task?) my password needs to be resetted when I try to log via Web Client, because the one that worked until the last day won't work anymore.

Today by 1am I've used Emby successfully, but not by 6am the same password gives invalid as response.

Oddly, I tried logging with Emby Theater and the password was accepted.

AFTER that, the web client also came back recognizing that password.

ps: imagine having to reset your password EVERY DAY.

EDIT: It happens that my password manager auto-typed inside "username" box but somehow it wasn't been correctly recognized. Once I cleared the username field and typed it myself, the "bug" disappeared.

Thanks, yea unfortunately it's hard to control behavior of external addons. We even have attributes set on the password fields to tell them not to auto-enter it, but they do it anyway.