FR-ET Director/Writer Movies at Details Screen

Warner306

Warner306

Is it possible to show other titles from the director and writer at the movie details screen?

Kodi offers a similar feature via the ExtendedInfo Script:

DialogInfo-3_zpstjsi6ybd.jpg

It would also be nice to show other titles from the actor/director/crew member when clicking on them, besides those in your library.

Below, in Kodi, I can find all (48) of Tom Hardy's films (showing the age, not just the birthday, would be nice, too):

ExtendedInfo-DialogInfo-1_zpsmu609ixe.jp

Edited by Warner306

Warner306

we should already show them, but they're just mixed in with all of the other people

In my experience, selecting any of the people brings up a list of titles in my library, not their entire filmography.

• 3 years later...
michnmi

Hi, just thought I could also ask about this as well and kind of resurrect it. 

I feel that seeing the writer  as well under the director is the norm. 

Here are two examples for Fight Club from Imdb (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0137523/) and  RottenTomatoes(https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fight_club)

5d97a155407f9_imdb.png

5d9793be95662_rotten.png

Since both of these major sites are pushing for this (and all the rest) I believe, it would make sense to have it in Emby and it would not clatter the page. 

Thanks!

MM

Edited by michnmi
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
olavinto
On 10/4/2019 at 10:38 PM, Luke said:

Hi, yes it's possible for the future, thanks.

Hi. I was wondering if there is any news on implementing this? I would also like to see directors and writers separated from actors. Currently there are many cases where there is no director in the metadata at all but there are a lot of actors (I presume that they are also fetched just as people without caring about their role in the production). Showing the director(s) and writer(s) would be pretty important. I do not really need to see their pictures so they would be just fine listed as text (like they are on IMDb as @michnmi pointed out with the screenshot).

Edited by olavinto

PenkethBoy

director(s) listed as such on tmdb etc are already shown as clickable links on the detail page of a movie

writers are just mixed in with actors currently

oh and ignore imdb - as info cannot be pulled from there as they want a substantial amount of money to so that

if an imdb id is listed its come via omdb,tvdb or tmdb

michnmi

Hi @PenkethBoy
Thank you very much for taking the time to post here as it - if nothing else - makes sure the thread is kept alive. 

It is true that the director(s) are listed, but I care as much (if not more) for the writers of the films since I do enjoy  to be able to follow a writer's work and not just a director's. 

The reason I'm replying here is that there was a mention of imdb and I think there has been some confusion. 

I offered the examples of both imdb and rottentomatoes as two major sites where movies/series information is displayed and where the have adopted the format I would like also to see in EMBY. 

EMBY itself is indeed not using imdb, but themoviedb.org . Every time the metadata is pulled for a specific title we get back the information from that site. 
To illustrate this, the example I'd like to use is again Fight Club where we can see that the API call is happening as such: 

2020-10-09 13:08:46.867 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/550?api_key=XXXX&append_to_response=casts,releases,images,keywords,trailers&language=en&include_image_language=en,null

and in the response we can see this : 

{"credit_id":"52fe4250c3a36847f8014a4d","department":"Writing","gender":2,"id":7468,"job":"Novel","name":"Chuck Palahniuk","profile_path":null},{"credit_id":"56380f0cc3a3681b5c0200be","department":"Writing","gender":2,"id":7469,"job":"Screenplay","name":"Jim Uhls","profile_path":"/eJPUwP933EiwEWqxEBzPv6Xf0nC.jpg"}

So the data is there and it's coming as we'd expect them to. 

As it happens, apart from imdb and rottentomatoes, themoviedb.org also has the writing team in high regard worthy of their own place , separate from the cast. 
You can see this here and in the image I've attached (fightclub_themoviedb.png)

fightclub_themoviedb.png

• Like 2

olavinto
36 minutes ago, PenkethBoy said:

director(s) listed as such on tmdb etc are already shown as clickable links on the detail page of a movie

writers are just mixed in with actors currently

oh and ignore imdb - as info cannot be pulled from there as they want a substantial amount of money to so that

if an imdb id is listed its come via omdb,tvdb or tmdb

Ok, so it seems. When I start fresh the director information is saved just fine but not so for old items even if I do a full metadata refresh with "Replace all metadata". I use nfo-files for metadata and this seems to happen when there is an existing nfo. If I delete the old nfo, then the <director> tag is saved into the new file. So it seems that there is some kind of bug when refreshing all metadata with overwrite. The nfo-files are otherwise updated so it's not about Emby not having write permissions etc.

Also, TMDb is used as source, not IMDb. I said IMDb just because the screenshot was from there. Maybe I should have said "like they are generally shown everywhere"? :D

Edited by olavinto