Can't play movies in Media Browser classic

lordmayor

lordmayor

Hello, Can you help?

I have installed the server and the client, and when I open the media browser classic in MCE all my movies are there, meta data images etc. but when I click play it doesn't open TMT6 and play the movies. I have just installed version 3 as I have been a big fan of the previous addition which works perfectly. Any advice?

Cheers

CBers

Do you get any error messages ??

Do you have either ffdshow lav filters installed ??

In the meantime, have a read of these:

ffdshow

lav filters

EDIT: Ignore my post - I didn't see the TMT6 comment :wacko:

Edited by CBers

lordmayor

Yes I have set up the external player. It tries to play in as much as the screen flashes blue bit then straight back to the movie page.

lordmayor

I use the TMT 6 MCE plugin to play the ripped Blu-ray and dvds so I can access the full functionality of the disk, TMT6 is set up to play all formats.

Thanks for your input.

No we don't have direct support for TMT6 at this point.  You may need to set it up as generic but be sure you get the command line arguments right.  With the next version of MBC, I think TMT6 should work with the TMT5 type of external.

politby

Not sure why you are setting it up as an external player?

Just use the ISO tab in the Configurator to point to your favorite ISO mounting app, tick "Use Autoplay" and then set Windows' autoplay config to use TMT for your respective disc formats. Works great.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Not sure why you are setting it up as an external player? Just use the ISO tab in the Configurator to point to your favorite ISO mounting app, tick "Use Autoplay" and then set Windows' autoplay config to use TMT for your respective disc formats. Works great. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

That assumes he has all ISOs...

That's what he said in #6 :) Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

No, he said "ripped BluRays and DVDs".  That is not necessarily (nor usually) ISOs.

politby

Oops...

My bad. Forgot some folks rip to folders.

And before you mention MKVs MPC-HC does those better than TMT ;)

Based on the log I'm pretty sure he has folder rips.  If he had MKVs I would suggest installing LAV and using the internal player.

No we don't have direct support for TMT6 at this point. You may need to set it up as generic but be sure you get the command line arguments right. With the next version of MBC, I think TMT6 should work with the TMT5 type of external.

Does this apply to MBT as well? I'm trying to get TMT6 to play my Blurays ripped to ISOs. I can get TMT6 to launch, but it doesn't start playback. What switch must I use for it to see the virtual drive MBT creates?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Does this apply to MBT as well? I'm trying to get TMT6 to play my Blurays ripped to ISOs. I can get TMT6 to launch, but it doesn't start playback. What switch must I use for it to see the virtual drive MBT creates? Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Ask in the MBT forum please.

Ask in the MBT forum please.

I have, but have not been able to get a definitive answer. I was hoping the switch that works in MBC would also work in MBT.

Edit: got it working with TMT5. Must be an issue with TMT6 itself.

Edited by bruce73