How do i rip a DVD for my Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9

laceyyoung666

laceyyoung666

I have tons of DVDs and it would be nice to turn them into digital media formats that my Kindle Fire HDX supports. Does anyone know what's the best program to do this? Thanks in advance.

Edited by laceyyoung666

For ripping the DVD, I use DVDFab. The free version does have limitations, but should work for your needs (I use the paid version). I rip to an ISO file with just the main movie (no menus, trailers, special features, etc.) and also get rid of unneeded sound tracks. That way, when the family selects a movie in MB, it just plays with no further user intervention needed.

If I'm just ripping to use with MediaBrowser, I stop there. If I want something I can copy to a device and play on the run, I then do the following.

Download and run HandBrake (free). I simply drag the DVD ISO I made earlier into the program, select a pre-defined profile (I use "Standard"), and save as MP4 format. Depending on your PC hardware, it can take between 5 and 15 minutes to process, and the resulting file is somewhere between 700MB and 1.5GB depending on length of movie and other factors. Then just hook up the Fire to your PC, drag-n-drop, and enjoy.