"Add semi-colon as artist separator" expected result ?

Vicpa

Hi All,

I saw in the release notes "Add semi-colon as artist separator" for 3.0.5785​. In another thread it is marked as fixed? Is this the expected result?

5692740f9ca8e_artists.png

I rescanned my music library with the new release. So no real difference from before. Mostly flac tracks.

-Vicpa

Do the tracks still appear when you enter one of these artists ? On my server, running a full library scan was not enough to fix it. I had to manually refresh each album to trigger a full metadata update, and then manually run a Clean database job to delete obsolete records. If your music library is big (mine was not), it may be quicker to delete the whole library, clean the database, and then recreate it.

Do the tracks still appear when you enter one of these artists ? On my server, running a full library scan was not enough to fix it. I had to manually refresh each album to trigger a full metadata update, and then manually run a Clean database job to delete obsolete records. If your music library is big (mine was not), it may be quicker to delete the whole library, clean the database, and then recreate it.

Yea we don't typically force refreshes with new versions, since most aren't usually pleased about that. So for something like this, it does mean you have to refresh. The clean database operation will run on it's own though, so you can also just wait for that and allow it to happen automatically.

• Like 1