Emby "forgets" Chromecast video if paused a few minutes

Inrego

Pretty simple scenario. I'll provide the steps to reproduce:

1. Play a video on Chromecast from the Android App.
  2. Pause the Video
  3. Go make some popcorn
  4. Come back and unlock your phone
  5. Now Emby is still connected to the Chromecast, but it doesn't think anything is playing. Thus I cannot stop or resume the video. Only start it again from beginning.

I think this is easily the most deal-breaking bug in Emby for me (and if you look at my thread history, you'll see I found a few).

jamvids

Don't quote me on this, but I think if you open the remote from the left hand pane it will be there. As far as the other bugs go, report them and the devs will endeavour to fix them. Keep the faith, nothing compares to Emby.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Don't quote me on this, but I think if you open the remote from the left hand pane it will be there. As far as the other bugs go, report them and the devs will endeavour to fix them. Keep the faith, nothing compares to Emby.

No I have tried, that does not work.

Also, I have reported the other bugs (hence why I referred to my thread history).

And I do have faith in Emby! Just saying that this is most deal-breaking bug I've encountered with Emby. I very often use Chromecast, but if I can't pause and go to the toilet, then Emby is not really a choice :/

jamvids

There is a simple workaround if you are using a phone or tablet, just take it with you, and give it a nudge every now and then, not ideal but a solution until it is fixed. That's what I would do.

jamvids

Just playing some music actually, and the same thing occurs with the Android app so maybe it isn't a Chromecast thing. In this case I just forwarded to the next song and it resumed okay.