CentOS Crashing on 3.0.5785.0

djotaku

FingerlessGlovs

Hi Guys,

I just disabled DNLA see if that makes any difference, I hardly use it so wont impact my use.

My crashed sometime last night, was working when I finished watching a Show and then woke up with it unresponsive. It was still running (ps aux | grep emby) confirm this.

I wonder if its kernel verson problem. I used to run 4.0.2 and it was was. Now I got 4.4 and mono 4.2.1 was built in november. Maybe bug with newer kernels. I shall try beta mono if i can find for one centos, precompiled.

Edited by MrJonny
  • Like 1

Hi Guys,

I just disabled DNLA see if that makes any difference, I hardly use it so wont impact my use.

My crashed sometime last night, was working when I finished watching a Show and then woke up with it unresponsive. It was still running (ps aux | grep emby) confirm this.

I wonder if its kernel verson problem. I used to run 4.0.2 and it was was. Now I got 4.4 and mono 4.2.1 was built in november. Maybe bug with newer kernels. I shall try beta mono if i can find for one centos, precompiled.

Generally running the latest mono is not always the best choice because it can be unstable. If 4.02 was fine you could always go back to that.

FingerlessGlovs

Generally running the latest mono is not always the best choice because it can be unstable. If 4.02 was fine you could always go back to that.

I would go back but that was on Ubuntu 14.04 (Kernel 4.0.2)

I'm now on centos 7 (Kernel 4.4.0-2)

I've not bad it crash since I disabled DLNA.

FingerlessGlovs

I enabled DLNA and it crashed today at 11am. So looks to be DLNA, but why :S

In the attached log you will it crashed at 11am. Next log was a new log file when I restarted the service.

emby.log

I would go back but that was on Ubuntu 14.04 (Kernel 4.0.2)

I'm now on centos 7 (Kernel 4.4.0-2)

I've not bad it crash since I disabled DLNA.

Which version of CentOS are you running?

CentOS 7.x uses kernel 3.10.X and 6.X is on kernel 2.6.X so you are not running the distro stock kernel, for sure. Same goes for Ubuntu (official kernel is 3.x).

FingerlessGlovs

I'm running CentOS 7 and I have upgraded the kernel to 4.4.1 for compatibility reasons.

Been pretty stable since I turned the DLNA off. Only crashed once.

If you want I can turn it on and provide some more logs if needed.

Are any packages that I'm missing. As I'm using it in side of a LXC container, so only has base install.

UPDATE: Moved to Ubuntu 14.04 container now, Not crashed yet, but its not been running long. Transcoding video is faster, had to wait ages last night. Lets see How this goes. 

Edited by MrJonny

In a situation like this i would try removing all plugins and see if it reproduces with only the core server, thanks.

I'm running CentOS 7 and I have upgraded the kernel to 4.4.1 for compatibility reasons.

Been pretty stable since I turned the DLNA off. Only crashed once.

If you want I can turn it on and provide some more logs if needed.

Are any packages that I'm missing. As I'm using it in side of a LXC container, so only has base install.

If you followed the installation steps from the website you should be good. Now regarding the kernel, we only tested the packages with the distro stock kernel and deps. I don't expect that using a non-stock kernel will have an impact on stability, but for sure it wasn't tested on our side.

FingerlessGlovs

If you followed the installation steps from the website you should be good. Now regarding the kernel, we only tested the packages with the distro stock kernel and deps. I don't expect that using a non-stock kernel will have an impact on stability, but for sure it wasn't tested on our side.

Hi FC7.

Ok, I used to user kernel 4.0.2 with ubuntu. if it crashes again since I disabled my only kodi sync queue plugin. I shall transfer my emby over to ubuntu. As its a centos container, I can just create a new one and use ubuntu 14.04.

Is Ubuntu the perfered Linux OS to use, if so what is it and which version?

Hi FC7.

Ok, I used to user kernel 4.0.2 with ubuntu. if it crashes again since I disabled my only kodi sync queue plugin. I shall transfer my emby over to ubuntu. As its a centos container, I can just create a new one and use ubuntu 14.04.

Is Ubuntu the perfered Linux OS to use, if so what is it and which version?

Not to my knowledge. We have users happyli running Emby on Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora, Debian, Arch. It's really up to you. Just keep in mind that in every case we are just testing using the stock packages included in the distro (except for our own deps like mono or emby-magick and sqlite -only on CentOS-).

Another suggestion if I may, did you try our official Docker container?

FingerlessGlovs

Not to my knowledge. We have users happyli running Emby on Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora, Debian, Arch. It's really up to you. Just keep in mind that in every case we are just testing using the stock packages included in the distro (except for our own deps like mono or emby-magick and sqlite -only on CentOS-).

Another suggestion if I may, did you try our official Docker container?

na I'm using LXC, not docker.

In the Docker image, what OS is that running on?

• 9 months later...

Any further information on this?  My Emby server (Ubuntu 16.04) has just started doing this over the past couple of days, with no plugins enabled.  The only thing that has changed are the library directories, which are cifs-mounted samba shares.

FingerlessGlovs

Any further information on this?  My Emby server (Ubuntu 16.04) has just started doing this over the past couple of days, with no plugins enabled.  The only thing that has changed are the library directories, which are cifs-mounted samba shares.

Hi mblasco,

I think its probably something out of date, normally that or permission issue.

Whats your specs, mono version, emby version and os?

I am using a container my self but as long as you got the right versions and you have not got a potato computer should run fine.

My OS and software

Ubuntu 16.04.1 64bit

Mono JIT compiler version 4.6.1

Emby Version 3.0.8500.0

My Specs

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

32GB RAM

4GB of RAM available to the container.

Edited by MrJonny