Kodi error when performing manual sync for EMBY

Tharnax
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Tharnax

Hello all,

I've recently moved my Nvidia shield from one location to another.  I uninstalled EMBY from Kodi on my Nvidia Shield and removed the entire video library from Kodi as the new location has it's own EMBY server it needs to connect to.

Once the Nvidia Shield was connected to the network of the new server I proceeded to setup the EMBY on Kodi as per the standard process documented.  After install, I noticed that the server selected was the old server from the original location for the IP address.  I manually updated it in the EMBY config settings and it found the correct user and the connection from Emby for Kodi appears on my server logs.  

However, what I am noticing is the EMBY for Kodi is not syncing for some reason.  I've attempted to perform a manual sync but I get an EMBY Error and message that the error was added to the log file.  

I've followed the steps to "How to Report a problem", which included installing the Kodi Log Uploader program.  Once that was complete, I set EMBY log in the EMBY advance settings to "INFO".  Attempted to re-run the manual sync and have attached the log file.

Any help figuring out why Kody for EMBY won't sync would be appreciated.

Here is a link to the log information: http://xbmclogs.com/pjryptvhy

If there is a preferred way to provide this log, let me know and I'll make the change.  Any help is appreciated!

Angelblue05

Somehow your database was locked in your previous log. If you restart Kodi and try again, does it give the same issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tharnax

Thanks for the suggestion, I have attempted this.  When I first encountered the issue, I completely restarted Kodi and the Nvidia Shield that I'm running Kodi on.   After restart I launched Kodi, then attempted a manual sync and encountered the error.  This is when I took the steps to try and get the logs to provide info to anyone who could understand them.

Any other thoughts?  Should I completely uninstall EMBY for Kodi and then reinstall it?  Or is it something else?

Tharnax

Somehow your database was locked in your previous log. If you restart Kodi and try again, does it give the same issue?

Besides restarting, any other ideas how to "unlock" the database?  Are we talking the EMBY server database or is it Kodi specific?  I believe the NUC which is also running EMBY on Kodi is working fine but I like the simplicity of using the Nvidia Shield, so I'd like to figure out what is wrong, if possible.

Angelblue05

It's hard to say why your database is locked... You didn't enable the add-on log level set to Info (emby add-on settings > advanced tab), so there's basically no add-on info captured in log. All I see is the database being locked when you try to run the manual sync.

Database locked means it's being used when we you tried to do a manual sync (uninstalling the add-on would not fix this issue, we just need to figure out what's using the database at that time). Could you capture a new log, with the proper log setting? Start Kodi, wait for the welcome message. Wait a few seconds, then try the manual sync. Post that log, thanks. :)

Otherwise you could always give beta a try, see if it's better (it went thru a major overhaul, so maybe it's fixed already, but again it's hard to say without a proper log).

Edited by Angelblue05

Tharnax

@@Angelblue05 - thank you for trying to resolve the issue.  It appears when EMBY log debug was set to info, "OK" was not selected so I guess it didn't get into debug "info" mode.

I've gone back in to the EMBY config screen and set the log debug correctly.  I think exited from Kodi and restarted the Nvidia Shield.  Upon reboot and re-entering Kodi I received the following error message: "EMBY for Kodi" Library sync thread has crashed you will need to restart Kodi.

Here is a link to that log: http://xbmclogs.com/pyi7c0kuq

Then I tried going to the EMBY for Kodi app and selected a Manual Sync which of course failed.  Here is that log: http://xbmclogs.com/p07kfjpsm

Don't know how to install the Beta, but if you could provide instructions or a link to instructions it would be greatly appreciated.

If you can get me up and running, I'll definitely be sending a couple brewski's your way as I can't figure out what is wrong.

Thanks!

• Solution
Angelblue05

I'm afraid your kodi database is corrupted now. It says we have the movie in the kodi database, but when we try to lookup the kodi movie entry, it doesn't exist (hence the error). The syncing process was made more robust in beta so you should get a better performance (note there may be bugs, but I believe we are back to a stable performance in this area).

Ok here is what you are going to do:

1. Start Kodi, you can ignore the crash. Just proceed.
  2. Make sure you disable auto-update by going to settings > add-ons > open the side panel > disable auto-update.
  3. Install the beta repository: http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/repository.beta.mediabrowser.kodi-1.0.4.zip
  4. It will tell you there's an update available for the emby for Kodi add-on (beta version 1.1.72), if it doesn't open the side panel and do a check for updates. Install it.
  5. You will need to do a reset of your database. Launch the emby add-on > reset local database (full reset) and say "yes" when it ask to reset your emby info.
  6. Follow the prompts when you start Kodi, then let your content sync. You should be back in business after this.
Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Tharnax

@Angleblue05 - The instructions worked perfectly and Emby for Kodi is now working again on my Nvidia Shield.  Thanks for all your help so have a pint or two or a whole case, your choice, on me.

BTW, where is the button to click your post above as the right answer, I know I've seen it before around here somewhere.

Edited by Tharnax
  • Like 1