How does new content appear when system is always on?

chrisoldroyd

chrisoldroyd

I have a Kodi box that stays on 24/7 and until recently new content appeared a few minutes after it was added to the Emby server. The last few days however it has stopped updating content automatically and Kodi needs to be restarted to refresh the library.

I am running Kodi 15.2, beta version of Emby Addon 1.1.71 and the server is on the latest sable version and everything is on Windows 10.

What's the normal behaviour for library refresh and any ideas why it's stopped working?

Thanks

Chris

Angelblue05

Hum no, that should not happen. Can you post your kodi log when you know something was just added and not added to Kodi. Enable the add-on log level to info (add-on settings > advanced tab). Do not enable the Kodi debug. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisoldroyd

I have attached my log file after adding a new movie and this time it appeared within a few minutes of being added by Emby Server so that is fine. Maybe put it down to a Kodi glitch that a reboot fixed. I will keep an eye on it and grab the log before rebooting next time.

Out of interest, how does it work?

Chris

kodi.log

Edited by chrisoldroyd

Angelblue05

Nope, there's nothing wrong in your log at all. The episodes added were for the show Making a Murderer correct?

When the server does something, it sends a message to the add-on, which is then processed accordingly. So if you add something to emby, emby sends a message to the add-on saying x item has been added, which we then process and add to the kodi database.

Exactly the same problem i have. I am trying to find something related in the emby server logs, becuse all client logs are flawless both with beta and stable

Angelblue05

Ok, let's start with this simple step: Is the tv show present in Kodi? seasons? Let me know.

Edited by Angelblue05

chrisoldroyd

Yes, the Hawaii 5-0 is present with seasons and at least 12 others eps from the same season as the new ep, that didn't show. Also I added Making of a Murderer and that was brand new in all ways.

Edited by chrisoldroyd