A word about Private messages

Tikuf

Just a quick note for the community about private messages.

This is not aimed at anyone nor is it it a shot.

I personally get a few message a day asking for support via PM (and I assume other devs are in the same boat) and I really don't mind helping out but when it is done by pm the rest of the community (ex others that may be suffering from the same issue) don't get the benefit of the explanation or the fix.

So with that in mind I would like to ask that the threads be the first port of call for anyone seeking support. If you dont want to post your logs publically I totally understand that but please post in the thread giving the dev a heads up that you have sent logs via pm to <insert dev's name here> & please post a link to the log (in the pm) as it will allow us to view the log online rather than download it (makes it easier if we are mobile) paste2.org is the best for this although there is a size limit.

Thanks guys appreciate you listening.

This doesn't apply to developer questions just general support issues

Cheers

• Like 11

Redshirt

I agree, It's important that users understand that we do want to help them. It's just that pm's don't allow for 1) the community to benefit from previous questions 2) community members who know a resolution from providing answers as well.

Edited by Redshirt
  • Like 5

Well done all.

I will add modification when i have time to stop these matters in good way, I will post about them when it done.

In the main time, please our members do as our mod team said above.

Cheesegeezer

Probably make this an announcement and a sticky at the top of each subforum.

@@Abobader - could we also include this in the forum rules that new users are supposed to read when joining.

Good shout @@Tikuf

hedgehogg

I have to say that there is nothing more annoying than seeing the exact issue you have posted then another saying thanks xxxx for giving me the fix over PM so I'm with you all the way .... And Abobader Get well very soon

• Like 1