Recording indicator

BobbyDing

BobbyDing

Apologies if this feature is already there (or requested) somewhere. I'd like to know when emby is recording (or just using) a tuner. Perhaps at the top of the TV guide there could be small icons representing my tuners that change color when they're in use. I like the way nPVR's tray icon turns red when recording. I think it would be useful to know at a glance my available tuners are when I'm going through the TV guide via the Roku (or whatever device). That would also let me know how busy the system already is before I might start another stream/recording. It would also be sweet if each icon displayed exactly which tuner it represents, maybe having the last two digits of the tuners mac address displayed in the icon. Not sure if any of this would be possible. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Bobby 

• Like 17

• 7 months later...
inzombyac

I'd love to see this in the Dashboard.  It would also be nice if there was a tray icon in Windows similar to Windows Media Center.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
lightsout

Bumping this to get some attention.

As stated in the other thread. I use my phone as well to go to the dashboard. But these are two different usages. If your on a phone then your on a phone.

My request is simple.

A recording icon like Windows Media center had in the system tray. A quick glance tells you; don't reboot, don't restart Emby, don't sync snap raid, etc.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
MBSki

It would be nice if this could show up as a notification on mobile apps, and also a pop-up when rebooting the server that Emby is installed on. I often forget to check if something is recording when I restart my server after an update. It would be nice if I was warned before restarting if something was recording. Or at least just have a better way to see if something is recording. Maybe a notification in the task bar.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
MBSki
21 minutes ago, porkbone said:

+1 for this :)

Make sure to like the first post so your vote gets counted. I'd definitely like to see this implemented. I keep restarting my server and forget to check if something is recording.

• Like 1

You mean something like this?

aaa.png

Info is there, but I'd love to have a warning if you try to restart Emby while an active recording is in progress.

Edited by cayars

MBSki
4 hours ago, cayars said:

You mean something like this?

aaa.png

Info is there, but I'd love to have a warning if you try to restart Emby while an active recording is in progress.

Yea, this isn't going to help me. It still requires having the dashboard open to know if there's a recording in progress. A task bar notification or pop-up when restarting would be best, but at a minimum, an indicator in the top of the Emby screen similar to Plex's Activity button would be good.

porkbone

I would like to see an indication from the emby icon in the taskbar... maybe pulsing or change color idk

• Like 1

I always forget about the task bar as I'm normally never on the server machine. Why do you need this in the task bar if it's in the Dashboard?

MBSki
1 minute ago, cayars said:

I always forget about the task bar as I'm normally never on the server machine. Why do you need this in the task bar if it's in the Dashboard?

Because I don't always have the dashboard open, and I'm at the desktop when I go to restart the computer. It's much more obvious in the taskbar because I'm looking right at the desktop/taskbar when I go to restart the computer.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

But this is still subjective to the platform you have Emby installed on.

MBSki
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

But this is still subjective to the platform you have Emby installed on.

I'm not too familiar with other platforms, but I'd imagine they have a similar area where alerts can be posted. On Windows, the taskbar works. Linux, it's probably something else, but it should still be visible whether the Emby Dashboard is open or not.