How to update iOS app?

GhostRider

GhostRider

Hi,

I have the Media Browser app on my iPad version 1.1.4. This does not show any update available in iTunes. Does this mean I have to repurchase the Emby app in iTunes or is there an upgrade path?

Edited by GhostRider

mediacowboy

You will need to download the emby app. If you are already a premier supporter. All you have to do to unlock the full power of the app is login into your server on your network.

GhostRider

Thanks for reply. I have installed the Emby app. Alas I cannot connect to my server from my iPad. The server home page shows failed login attempt so I must have my server settings correct on the app side.

As I purchased the media browser app do I now have to repurchase the Emby app? I do not have a premier support but did purchase the media browser iOS app and have purchased a supporter donation on the server side.

mediacowboy

Since you are a supporter server side as soon as you get your iPad to connect to the server and go to play something it should unlock the app. If you are seeing login failed it would lead me to believe maybe you are typing the password wrong? 

Just because you may not realize it, the old app was developed by a 3rd party and that's where your payment went for it.

As cowboy said, if you have a valid key on the server you just need to get connected locally and the new app will work too.  Thanks for your support.

GhostRider

Many thanks Mediacowboy and Ebr.

As an occasional user it is hard to keep up with the rapid development that is happening with the server and clients. 

Emby on my iPad is now working, I was entering my password correctly but once I tried to play something it started working and no longer prompts me for a password.

One thing I noticed is that when I quit the iOS app the server still keeps running the transcoding with CPU usage close to maximum, almost as if it was not aware the iOS app was no longer in use.

mediacowboy

One thing I noticed is that when I quit the iOS app the server still keeps running the transcoding with CPU usage close to maximum, almost as if it was not aware the iOS app was no longer in use.

I believe this has been reported. Check that this isn't reported some where else. If it isn't reported then I would start a new thread with your server log and a transcoding log.