Live TV not playing

Heuer

I raised this topic in the EATV Forum and ebr kindly pointed out I should try disabling 'direct stream live TV' and that worked. The issue is still present on my Nexus 6 and other devices however where after selecting a channel I get the message 'Playback error. Please try again later'. Disabling direct stream of Live TV is no longer an option in EA though.

To be clear what I am talking about is selecting a channel (e.g. BBC HD, ITV HD etc) from the DVB-S2 tuner and watching the live steam. Although I can watch recordings without problem (or transcoding) it looks as though the live stream needs to be transcoded for the EA internal player. This used to work but it seems to have been broken in the latest releases of Server/EA. Ideal solution would be a Server option to force transcode of the broadcast stream as that would cover both EA and EATV on any number of devices. Other option would be to add the option in EA playback settings I suppose.

Any thoughts?

I'm pretty sure his issue is that his TV back-end is reporting a path that we cannot direct stream for some reason.  This may be able to be corrected in the plug-in.  His log will hopefully tell us.

If you're using DVB ask t.andre to give you a build of the plugin that removes all the live tv probing

Tester

I will provide a full report tomorrow, but both of my Android devices no longer work after the latest server beta release.

I select guide and nothing is loaded.  As Heuer noted, I can however play recorded streams.

UPDATE: I just updated to latest app version and now my devices are working again.

Edited by Tester

Yes that fixed it however ServerWMC does not remember the http setting. Reboot the PC or stop/start the serverwmc and it comes back with the option unchecked. Also, looking at the log files nothing new has been created since March 2015 when the system was first setup.