Playing Media Issue

Erik
Go to solution Solved by Tikuf,

I was helping a friend setup his new media server and it has a fresh server 2012 R2 essentials install. I installed MB3 server and it runs perfectly.

However, when I try to play an MKV (of a DVD or Blu-ray) it just tries to load constantly and never plays (the computer I am trying to play from works fine on my sever setup)...then I tried to play a tv show .avi and it works just fine.

logs for the server and the ffmpeg for the non-playing mkv and for the successfully playing .avi are attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

we have some known issues with streaming to IE that we're working on. i'm guessing it will be fine in chrome or firefox

I also attempted playback on the iOS app and same thing. plays the .avi fine and attempts to load the .mkv then just goes back to the movie details screen (Also, my server plays to the same laptop I'm testing with in IE11 perfectly fine). I was thinking it might be a resource issue.

The server isn't new, its a PowerEdge T300 (Xeon Quad Core 2.83GHz) with 2GB RAM. Not enough RAM maybe?

Is there anything I can do to diagnose it further?

Thanks again.

Edited by Erik

Thanks Tikuf!

I went to get the media info for that movie, there was none...and I checked the others, same thing. So I removed the collection, restarted MBS and added it again. All works perfectly now. Must have had a problem on the initial scan as you stated.