Unable to create recording

tre4b

When I make an attempt to record a programme on live TV using fire TV I get "Unable to create recording"

If I try this through the web client I get a hang on the page and have to restart the browser.

I have the recording directory pointed to a directory on the server.  I have given it Everyone read write and also shared it again to everyone in an attempt to resolve this.  Still have not managed it though so I thought I would ask the question and see if anyone knows the reason for this.  Searching the forums yielded no results so presumably not a common issue.  Feels like some form of misconfiguration but I'm not sure what of.  Any help would be appreciated and I've enclosed logs below.

http://1drv.ms/1TCPXuY

Hi there,

What is the best way to do that with the log file?  My system seems to generate multiples of these and I don't know which one is most appropriate.  Can I just clear them all, do the operation and then send you the files there at that point?  Or will that cause other issues?

The server only creates one log file per run/day.  Re-start the server, cause the issue, post the log file with the most recent time stamp.

Ah I get it now.  The multiples are caused by me restarting.

Done that and put it in the same place as above.  Interestingly at the end is a time error and it seems to be complaining about a missing source.  That is also what guide updating is doing for me (see my other post) so I wonder if there is some sort of Schedules direct issue going on here?

Many thanks for your help.

Hi Sven,

I'm not.  I do use NextPVR but to get started with Emby I decided to just use my HDHomerun directly from Emby for now.    I found I could not have both as they tended to duplicate the items in the EPG  I therefore decided to get it working in it's own right and work out from there.

OK, because i see some NextPVR errors.

Maybe it's then better to remove that plugin, so we don't see any NextPVR errors. :)

So it cleans up your logs. :)

Ah,  remember now I put that in the other day in a misguided rescue attempt when my wife was complaining there was no EPG yet again!!!  

I've uninstalled and re-started the server.  Logs in the same url as above.

I was hoping maybe it was a conflict with NPVR.  I guess not.  This is obviously the error:

2016-01-10 16:39:35.1722 Error App: Error getting timer infos
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5805.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: False
	Program data path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Value cannot be null.
	Parameter name: source
	System.ArgumentNullException
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvManager.<AddRecordingInfo>d__b5.MoveNext()

Is your Live TV all configured properly through the server settings and everything else works okay?

I'm pretty sure it is.  Everything was fine up until about a week and a half ago (in terms of the guide it still didn't record back then and I'm getting convinced this may be the same problem).

Are there any areas that I should check in particular.  I was concerned that when I put in my SchedulesDirect user name and password the password disappears after Save rather than staying as *s but I think that is just the way it works.  I go in and set the Country, Lineup etc okay and when I look back they are still there.

• 1 year later...
gleep52

Any resolve to this?  I'm facing the same issue on my nVidia shield TV when trying to record a show or series.  Brand new install.  I just found out about Emby.

Any resolve to this?  I'm facing the same issue on my nVidia shield TV when trying to record a show or series.  Brand new install.  I just found out about Emby.

Hi there @@gleep52, welcome. Since this your first post, please take a moment to describe your issue with a little more detail. What exactly is happening on screen? Thanks !

gleep52

Hi there @@gleep52, welcome. Since this your first post, please take a moment to describe your issue with a little more detail. What exactly is happening on screen? Thanks !

Just as the original poster first said: "When I make an attempt to record a programme on live TV using fire TV I get "Unable to create recording"" - only in my case it's failing to create the recording on my nvidia shield tv app for emby.  It turns out it DID add it to my recording list, but doesn't show a red dot (or in this case a series of red dots).  Refreshing the webpage didn't help.  But later I looked at my iPhone app and it DID show the dots there.  I just checked and it DID record the show, but only the last three minutes of it...?