Coverart - Bluray iso's No Longer Receive Bluray Disk Treatment

DarWun
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

DarWun

I'm not sure exactly when this started happening, as I haven't added a Bluray iso file to my library in a while.  But when I added one to my library yesterday CoverArt used the DVD disk treatment for the main image.  Previously the Bluray disk treatment had been used for all bluray iso main images.  I thought it might have been an issue with the particular bluray.  But when I did a full refresh for a bluray iso file that had been identified correctly in the past, Coverart set the main image treatment as DVD disk.

I am currently using Beta ver 3.0.5802.0 and CoverArt ver 4.0.9.8.

Happy2Play

In the metadata manager select the media and what does the Treat image as block say?  If it says DVD change it to Blu-Ray.

DarWun

In the metadata manager select the media and what does the Treat image as block say?  If it says DVD change it to Blu-Ray.

Thanks Happy2Play.  The "Treat image as" block was empty.  When I entered Blu-Ray, the treatment was updated correctly.  That's great.  But I never had to manually update that block in the past to have Coverart recognize bluray iso's as Blu-ray disks.

I'm not sure if this is related, but the media info icons are no longer identified for Blu-ray iso files either.  In the past they were automatically determined.  The audio type icon shows up on a number of the disks I removed and restored while troubleshooting.  But the Video type icon doesn't show up on any of them.

That means the system is not able to determine the video type.

Are you on a 64bit system?

DarWun

Are you on a 64bit system?

Yes (Windows 10 professional TH2).  There is another thing I noticed which might be related.  I seem to recall seeing the "Media Browser DVD/BD Image System Support Package" icon in the system tray when scanning Blu-ray iso files.  This is no longer the case.  According to Program Manager, it is still installed.

• Solution

This is currently not available on the dev and beta branches due to incompatibility with other recently added features. You'll want to stay on stable if this is important to you, although it's only going to delay the inevitable I'm afraid. Most likely these changes will go to stable and the server-side iso mounting will no longer be available. We will do the work to bring it back if there's enough demand, but that's something we'll need to re-evaluate because times have obviously changed when it comes to ISO's.

• Like 1

DarWun

Well, that explains why the media type is not being detected and why I now have to set the "Treat image as" tag manually.  It's not really a big deal to me, as I only really use iso images for storing backups of my 3D blurays. 

Does this mean I can safely uninstall the "Media Browser DVD/BD Image System Support Package" without impacting Emby?