EMBY overscan?

Skippy
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Hi guys

First of all many thanks for EMBY, I've been using it for years and absolutely love it!

I have recently come across an issue and I can not seem to find a solution.

When I play any movie file through EMBY for WMC the movie is playing as if it is overscanned (zoomed) and I can not work out why. Of course I have checked the zooming options within EMBY itself and it is set to normal. I can try the other three options which do change how the video is shown but "normal" always seem to make the video zoomed. Choosing zoom, zooms the image even more, so all of those options do seem to be working as they should.

If I play any of the movies through VLC player everything plays correctly so my conclusion it is EMBY is zooming the movie for some reason.

Can anyone help? TIA

I should add, it has not always been like this. Everything has been fine until recently so I do not know if it is an update that has caused this issue.

Edited by Skippy

AdrianW

Other things to check are: Media Center zoom settings, Emby overscan settings (go to config > Advanced) and also check your TV's zoom settings - make sure it's on "Just scan" or whatever your TV calls its 1:1 pixel mapping mode.

Thanks for the answer Adrian. I will try your suggestion later today, I am currently at work.

Out of interest if the issue is with my TV would I not still get the overscan when in Windows or playing a movie via VLC? And just so you know this does not happen. Also I have already checked Media center zoom settings and they are set to normal and I can only view those options by watching live TV. The image you provided a link to is not shown when I try to change the zoom when watching a movie through EMBY.

Thanks again mate.

AdrianW

You're right - it's probably not your TV settings if the desktop and VLC look OK.

So, it's likely to be WMC or Emby settings.

• Solution

It is most likely WMC.  I think it remembers zoom settings for at least different types of content if not actual content.

In EMC turn off the "Enhanced player interface" and then play an item and use the WMC menus to be sure the zoom is set to normal.  Then you can turn the enhanced interface back on.

Just to let you know I found a solution to this. It was indeed WMC causing the problem and how I got around it was by playing a movie by going to Pictures and Videos in WMC and playing one of the videos I usually play through EMBY. I noticed it was overscanned and changed the zoom setting mentioned by AdrianW above. The movies then played perfectly in EMBY.

Many thanks to all that helped out.