Cannot Stop ChromeCast Playback in iOS

mitsumaui

mitsumaui

Hi,

I have noticed when using the iOS app and casting to a Chrome Cast, it is not possible to stop the playback as there is a black bar showing over the play controls. 

Scenario.

1. Start Emby
  2. Start Chromecast sharing
  3. Start 1 hr TV Episode
  4. Turn off iOS device (or press home and do other things)
  5. Go back into iOS App
  6. Press "Now Playing"
  7. Black bar at top is present and cannot press playback controls to stop playback of episode. 

Only way to stop the playback is to goto Emby Homescreen and disconnect chrome cast. 

it is latest version available on App Store on an iPhone 6 running latest iOS. 

Dpickles

Hi,

I experienced the exact same problem last night. i haven't noticed this before as I usually watch via my ipad or Kodi.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on getting this fixed? I thought there was an update in the works, but I just tested it with everything updated and lost the ability to control playback after just switching apps.

• 4 weeks later...
elgandino

I have the same problem I got whats playing on the ios app and its like nothing is playing so I can stop or pause it im using chromecast

• 1 month later...
thaBadfish

I want to echo the same comments that others have had. Controlling Emby on chromecast via iOS app almost never works if you switch away from the app. It needs a way to re-establish connection to chromecast on-demand to regain controls.

• Like 1

Lawrage

Hi @@Luke,

This happens to me to.

When you cast anything to the chromecast and either close the app or let the phone go to sleep, you then go back into the app and half of the playing icons are missing and it will not talk to the chromecast anymore.

Its as if the connection has been lost and the only way to bring it back is to disconnect and reconnect the chromecast.

I have tried this with another media app I use for downloading files to my phone and that has the same issue.

An app that that does manage to reconnect fine is the YouTube app (go figure).

Anything just some more info to help troublshoot.