Emby for Kodi and missing artwork

hansolo77

hansolo77

The skin I'm using (Aeon MQ6) looks nice, but I'm finding a lot of issues with the artwork. I'm not sure if it's Emby's problem or the skin. The skin has a nice feature called widgets, where I've configured the Tv Shows menu to have a listing of the next episode presented of the most recent shows I've watched. This is very handy. However sometimes I want to watch something else that's not on that list, so I go through and browse the other options I have. In doing so, I've started noticing that the artwork for episodes is missing on just about all of them. The show art and season art is there, but once I go into a season, I don't have the episode art. I'm not sure why. If I use a browser and log into Emby as the admin and look in the metadata manager, all my episodes have art. I'm curious as to why they're not being picked up during the sync.

Something else I noticed is when I'm browsing my media, I'm not seeing any of the additional background art I've downloaded. All I see is the primary background, but I've got up to 10 for each one. Is this something with Emby's sync too, or is this possibly a skin issue. I thought it used to rotate the background before, but I might just be confusing it with when I was running Emby in Windows Media Center.

Edited by hansolo77

Angelblue05

I will assume you are using the beta version of the add-on. What do you mean by episode artwork? I don't think Kodi displays much episode artwork. In fact, I think it only displays the poster for them. The rest of the artwork comes from the seasons and tvshow.

The fix for extrafanart is being worked on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hansolo77

Ah cool, good to hear about the extrafanart. Always glad to hear that is something legit like a bug and not something dumb I'm doing. :)

I'm not sure I'm using the beta or not. I'm using whatever version is easily installed from the repo I added to Kodi's repertoire. The artwork in referring to I believe is called "episode thumbs" but it might be a poster art. I just did a complete reset of the Kodi library and had it resync. It looks like they're showing up now. Strange that it works work before and then stop them with again after reseting.

Angelblue05

:)

Strange, but glad it's working now. By poster I did mean thumbs as well.

As for the add-on version, for future reference, you can find it in settings > add-ons > my add-ons > video add-on. Just open the add-on (it should display info about it, including the version).

hansolo77

Ok, it just shows 1.1.62, nothing about beta.

I gotta say though.. the more I use Kodi, the more I fall in love with it. And Emby with Kodi is the best. I hear people talking more and more about Plex, but that sounds like an Emby clone to be. Nothing beats it. :)

My last hurdle will be to take the dive and try to directly add content from my video add-ons (like Genesis) into the Kodi library. Still cautious about doing that, especially since my internet isn't very good.

Thanks for all you guys do!

Angelblue05

The server supports strm files (if it's a strm file to be played in Kodi, the add-on for the strm file needs to be install in Kodi for it to play). I use it for netflix. I just add the directory of strm (properly structured) as a library folder in the emby server. Then, the server gets all the metadata and full res artwork. The add-on then sync all the netfix strm files to Kodi like any other content.

Edited by Angelblue05

imadunatic

I use it for netflix.

Way OT, but how do you develop the .strm files? I've only ever created these manually, which can be kind of cumbersome.... 

Angelblue05

Well the netflix add-on generates it's own strm files. Depends if the add-on offers this or not, but if it does, then you can do what I mentioned in my previous post.