black screen

farfromrefuge

farfromrefuge

Hi,

I want to try the ios app. That's one of the main point why i try emby.

I am running ios 8.4

But when i open Emby, i only get a black screen.

I see the status bar getting in landscape orientation, but only a black screen.

I would really like to help as i am an iOS app developer.

The iOS app is not open source, right?

I can't compile it here to test it?

Thanks

Spaceboy

I often get a black screen on opening the app. I swipe it up to close and reopen and everything seems fine. But the next time I finish using it I don't close it properly. So this often seems to happen when I resume using it. Hope this makes sense!

farfromrefuge

Hi, PM me your itunes email address and we'll put you on the open beta. It should be resolved there and an update is currently waiting for review. And yes the app is open source:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Mobile

Thanks, sent you a PM. 

I managed to get the app to build here on my mac.

Though the app looks quite weird :s

Am i missing something?

FUeAzd6.png

Hmm. I wonder if there's an 8.x issue that's been introduced. Do you have a device with ios9 you can compare to?

farfromrefuge

No i dont but what i can say is that it works on a ios8 simulator (from building the project) but with the "style" as in the screenshot

farfromrefuge

Hi,

I just installed 1.0.5 from the appstore and i still get a black screen on my iphone 8.4 and my ipad 8.3

Any idea?

Thanks

farfromrefuge

Well i am not sure it s related to the iOS version.

As i said before if i build the project myself it works (but i have a problem with the css i think as it looks as if without style).

You should try on the 8.4 simulator first

Can you try connecting a device and debugging? If no exceptions are raised during app startup, then try again by opening safari and debugging the webview inside the app. Perhaps there's a script error preventing the UI from loading. You need to open the safari debugger before it occurs, so one thing you can do is open the safari debugger, then in the debugger console, enter 

window.location.reload(true);

farfromrefuge

Ok so i made some tests. 

First you need to understand that if i build the app myself it runs! but it looks bad as seen in the previous screenshot.

I tried the safari debugger.

First i had a few source.map files not found. Which i fixed by removing the source.map line from the min.js files (though i don't get why it works on your side...)

Now i don't get any console error when running. I even managed to connect to my emby by clicking at the right place :D

i then tried to reload from the console and i get those errors:ZPAL0Nx.png

I don't really what else i can try :s I can't connect the debugger using your testflight version.