Audio Sync

spencerisadog

spencerisadog

I know you can modify the audio sync, but I guess I was just looking for a reason why I have to change it every time?  Is there something that could be built in that would sync the audio automatically?  Or a retention feature that will remember what I set the audio delay to the last time I watched that channel?  Am I the only one that has this problem?  It only seems to be a problem with LiveTV or when I pause a recorded show then resume, it's like the video starts before the audio does.  If I skip back once it will sync automatically.

spencerisadog

I am configuring it from the LiveTV page by clicking on the little icon on the bottom right.  I'm playing from the AndroidTV app built in to my Sony Bravia and running it from a FreeNAS server.

Sorry, I don't mean to question you but can you tell me exactly where this setting is? We don't have any audio sync settings to my knowledge, unless you mean inside the Android TV app?

In any event, do you know if the live tv content is direct playing or transcoding in the app?

Yes, it is inside the ATV app.

The setting is not persistent because it shouldn't be needed much (theoretically).  I only use it when using BT headphones to account for their delay.

spencerisadog

Sorry, I don't mean to question you but can you tell me exactly where this setting is? We don't have any audio sync settings to my knowledge, unless you mean inside the Android TV app?

In any event, do you know if the live tv content is direct playing or transcoding in the app?

Luke, you should ALWAYS question me.  If there is someone doing something incorrectly within Emby and the choices are you or me, always question me. :)  However, as @@ebr said, yes, it's in the app.  Maybe there is something goofy about my setup?  I have to set it to nearly 1300 msec every single time I change the channel.

Emby is Direct playing to my TV via wired ethernet, the TV has optical out to an Onkyo receiver.  Literally the only time I have a problem is during LiveTV and if I pause recorded TV and resume.  When I say "recorded TV" I mean Sonarr or Emby PVR shows.  In my case, I have to ADD time to the delay, I receive video before audio by nearly a second and a quarter on LiveTV.

EDIT:  Also, I do NOT have this problem when I watch Netflix.  The only reason I mention that is because it also runs natively on my TV then sources out via optical to my receiver.

Edited by spencerisadog