Emby LiveTV on mobile now a premiere feature?

whorainy

whorainy

Hi,

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've looked at the premiere subscription details on the emby site and it doesn't list liveTV as being one of the benefits.  Usually I could watch all of my local channels served up from NextPVR on my Android Tablet for free, but now Emby is saying it's a premiere feature and only allows one minute of playback?  Anyone can shed some light on this?  Really sucks.

For new devices, yes, although it is free if you have Emby Premiere, or you can do the single in-app unlock instead of premiere. Also any device that used it prior to a month ago will continue to have free access. The app needs to be able to support itself going forward. We hope you understand and thank you for your support.

• 1 year later...
tharealoc

You say that any device that used it a month before the change won't be affected.  I just reinstalled the app on a device that had live tv access, it wants me to buy premiere.  I understand you guys need to pay the bills, but moving a previously free feature to paid with almost every update is dirty.  This is the drug dealer type of business, give it for free, then take it away and make them pay....not cool.

For new devices, yes, although it is free if you have Emby Premiere, or you can do the single in-app unlock instead of premiere. Also any device that used it prior to a month ago will continue to have free access. The app needs to be able to support itself going forward. We hope you understand and thank you for your support.