Problem Configuring Podcasts

gebhard
Go to solution Solved by gebhard,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've updated Emby to version 3.0.5786.0 and the Podcast plugin to 1.0.5863.23594 but the error is still there:

2016-01-26 19:16:54.3601 Error App: Error getting channel content

*** Error Report ***

Version: 3.0.5786.0

Command line: /usr/pbi/emby-amd64/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -ffmpeg /usr/pbi/emby-amd64/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/pbi/emby-amd64/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server

Operating system: Unix 9.1.0.0

Processor count: 2

64-Bit OS: True

64-Bit Process: True

Program data path: /var/db/emby-server

Mono: 4.2.1 (Stable 4.2.1.124/39edf24 Sun Jan 10 05:27:13 UTC 2016)

Application Path: /usr/pbi/emby-amd64/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe

String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

System.FormatException

Cheers

Gebhard

@@gebhard

I've posted an update to the plugin. It's marked as a beta so you'll need to set your update level as Beta in order to see it. (Under advanced). Please try it out and report back. Thanks.

Hi,

sorry for the stupid question ... but I can't find an FAQ entry about enabling beta content.

I've set the update to beta in the advanced tab (see screenshot post-103337-0-96683900-1453915547_thumb.jpg) but I'm still offered only release versions (screenshot post-103337-0-36603100-1453915547_thumb.jpg).

Emby restart doesn't seem to change anything.

Sorry for the n00b question, but I don't get it.

Thanks,

Gebhard

It's depending on server version 3.0.5818. I will lower that. That could be it, if you're not running the latest version of the server. Try restarting emby server.

Hi,

I'm sorry, but as of now I can't see any difference, I'm still offered only release versions of the plugin ...

Anything else I could be missing here?

Thanks,

Gebhard

Ok, I've changed the plugin to work with that version. You should be able to see it now, although there is some caching so you might need to restart emby server in order to see it immediately

Hi,

thanks, I'm now on Emby version 3.0.5786.0 and Podcast plugin version 1.0.5870.21844.

Sadly it's not yet working:

2016-01-28 16:33:49.4233 Error App: Error getting channel content	*** Error Report ***	Version: 3.0.5786.0	Command line: /usr/pbi/emby-amd64/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -ffmpeg /usr/pbi/emby-amd64/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/pbi/emby-amd64/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server	Operating system: Unix 9.1.0.0	Processor count: 2	64-Bit OS: True	64-Bit Process: True	Program data path: /var/db/emby-server	Mono: 4.2.1 (Stable 4.2.1.124/39edf24 Sun Jan 10 05:27:13 UTC 2016)	Application Path: /usr/pbi/emby-amd64/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe	String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.	System.FormatException	  at System.DateTimeParse.ParseExactMultiple (System.String s, System.String[] formats, System.Globalization.DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles style, System.TimeSpan& offset) <0x813489280 + 0x00124> in <filename unknown>:0 	  at System.DateTimeOffset.ParseExact (System.String input, System.String[] formats, IFormatProvider formatProvider, DateTimeStyles styles) <0x813488cc0 + 0x00081> in <filename unknown>:0 	  at System.Xml.XmlConvert.ToDateTimeOffset (System.String s, System.String[] formats) <0x813488c00 + 0x0004d> in <filename unknown>:0 

Thanks,

Gebhard

That's really odd because that looks like an error message from the previous version. Did you restart the server after updating the plugin? I will push another plugin update just in case it makes a difference. Thanks.

Yes, I did restart ... interestingly the error doesn't appear in the notification sections in the web interface but only in the log file ... but no podcast appears nevertheless.

I'll try the new beta version ASAP.

Cheers,

Gebhard

• Solution

Thanks, this one actually worked: I can now see the configured podcasts in the respective lib and can play them :-)

Great work, thanks for being patient.

Nevertheless the channel downloader doesn't work (doesn't display any channel, but only the spinning wheel), bus this is stuff for another thread I think ...

Cheers,

Gebhard

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

The Podcasts plugin has been updated with a new configuration screen to match the look and feel of the rest of Emby Server. I think you'll find it much more enjoyable to use and configure now. Thanks.

The Podcasts plugin has been updated with a new configuration screen to match the look and feel of the rest of Emby Server. I think you'll find it much more enjoyable to use and configure now. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for the notice. I'll have a look and provide feedback when the server and plugins are on the latest release in freenas.

Cheers,

Gebhard

• 5 months later...