[FREENAS + Plugin] - [Folder Structure] - [No Season Folders]

fatsoda

fatsoda

Hey guys i hope this is in the right place. I couldnt see a FREENAS box and the windows one had a /general on it

So i got it working through freenas when i go into TV > Seasons > (top folder) - (Series Name) - Here it lists all the episodes with a picture of each episode, it should have one more set of folders (season number) for a new show thats not an issue its only one season,but for something thats being going for ages its trubs 

Same thing is viewable whether via XBONE or PS4 or media client on a tv or media box.

All help is appreciated im scratching my head on this one.

How are the episodes named?

Do they show a proper season number?

Why is there a "Seasons" folder above your show folders?

Sounds like you are using all DLNA clients...?

fatsoda

Hey EBR thanks for your reply 

this is fairly typical of how the shows are named " showname.S01E01.HDTV.x264-REPOST-BATV :

The Season folder is part of the emby structure not mine. When i use media player on my xbone, it shows emby, i select that, then i select tv, then i select seasons, then it shows my folder structure. 

All my clients are DNLA clients, i used to use TVSERITY but my media library out grew sitting on a spare drive in my games machine, then i tried to install windows on my NAS box and apparently windows wont install on USB without sacrificing something to cthulu and doesnt like 4TB drives, so i installed FREENAS and then tried plex but that was a nightmare. So far Emby is best. All i really want is for something to recreate my media library structure on whatever DNLA client i access the NAS from. But ill work with what Media server doesnt want me to rename every file of my one or two thousand files.

again thanks for your help, all advice appreciated im fairly new to this NAS, Media Server scenario and i know my question must be like nails on a chalkboard to some of you pros, so really appreciate it.