Keeps presenting Emby Connect screen

ThermoDust

ThermoDust

I do not use Emby Connect, where it presents you with a pin to get connected, I use direct IP/domain. It works every time I enter this information and has no issue connecting. The only problem is when the app relaunches later in the day or days later I am presented with the Emby Connect screen and need to re-enter the domain/ip. Is this a known issue?

It sounds like your server cannot be located by the app automatically.

Is it on the same LAN or remote?

ThermoDust

It is remote. I entered the server URL and logged in many times. As it seems to save it for sometime, but every once and a while it forgets that I have entered a URL and presents the first time setup screen. If it is a response time due to the remote URL can it be made to just error out instead of forgetting?

Did you configure it to automatically log-in?

It does sound like a time-out and, in that case, we want to offer the opportunity to use Connect or enter a manual address.

ThermoDust

No, it isn't setup to connect to a profile automatically. Can you make it so it remembers the last used domain/IP when it presents that opportunity. As my web URL is quite long and a d-pad is annoying to enter it.  :P

Or better yet add a settings option to increase the time-out for slower connections.

Try setting it up to connect to your most-used profile automatically.  If it has a password, you can configure it to prompt for that (or not).

Then, if you want a different user after start-up, hit the "log out ..." button and you will get the user selection screen.