Support for smart remote?

fc7

Any plans to add support for the smart remote in the app? Using it as a pointer would make navigation faster and cooler. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

MongooseMan

I'll look into it. It depends how reliably I can emulate it.

From experience, the emulator just uses the mouse as the smart remote pointer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Marc Morisse

Sorry to jump in but I noticed this was not listed in the new feature request post. Possible or not, could it be listed there, since from my point of view this would be very useful? Or should I start a new post as "FR:... "

FrostByte

Assuming you guys are talking about the 2014 smart remote.   You probably should specify which year's smart remote you have if you do.  I have both the 2013 smart remote using a touch pad and the 2014 smart remote (got with my evokit) which has the pointer.  Support for the 2013 remote was already added a few releases ago and works very nicely btw. 

• Like 1

I have the 2014 smart remote, the pointer one. So really looking forward this new feature. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

FrostByte

Hopefully they can add support for those of us with evolution kits (SEK1000 and 2000) at the same time also which come with that new pointer remote.  I noticed a couple others have the evokit now too with that same remote.  All it really needs to do is allow us to use the same settings as the models they emulate and override the actual model of the TV.  Either by detection of the kit, or a setting under TV settings.  That way we can enjoy HEVC, etc without transcoding while using that new remote  :)

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Marc Morisse

Hopefully they can add support for those of us with evolution kits (SEK1000 and 2000) at the same time also which come with that new pointer remote. I noticed a couple others have the evokit now too with that same remote. All it really needs to do is allow us to use the same settings as the models they emulate and override the actual model of the TV. Either by detection of the kit, or a setting under TV settings. That way we can enjoy HEVC, etc without transcoding while using that new remote :)

I think you are absolutely correct: I have a E model with SEK-2000 and the 2014 pointer remote, which makes it a H model. However Emby Samsung still detects it as E and totally ignores the pointer remote.
  • Like 1