Startup issues - times out selecting user

DGMayor

DGMayor

So for a little while now, I've been having an issue that occurs seemingly at random.   I start up Emby, select my user, and the loading screen comes up and I watch the dots for however long the timeout is set for, and then it kicks me back to Media Center.

Usually the second attempt it loads, however it has at that point reset my theme to default.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45741371/loginissue.log

Server: Version 3.0.5800.3

EWMC Version: 3.0.292.0

Both server and client are on the same machine.

I've tried both setting discovery to automatic and the specific IP, no change.

Edited by DGMayor

Overseer

I've been having the same issue, the difference being that I am running Emby server on a separate server machine. I do not have Emby connect enabled on my EMC machine and have also tried both automatic and dedicated IP. Sometimes it takes me three attempts to get in and I'm back at that crappy Classic screen. I usually run Square as my theme and thought it might be related to that but it still happens when running Chocolate. I thought it might have been due to me installing Kodi for Emby on the machine cause this never happened before then.

I have been contemplating reimaging my client, but don't want to spend the couple of hours it would take.

Wonder if it's user login related as this doesn't seem to happen when my wife or son logs in.

soundsnake8

So for a little while now, I've been having an issue that occurs seemingly at random.   I start up Emby, select my user, and the loading screen comes up and I watch the dots for however long the timeout is set for, and then it kicks me back to Media Center.

Usually the second attempt it loads, however it has at that point reset my theme to default.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45741371/loginissue.log

Server: Version 3.0.5800.3

EWMC Version: 3.0.292.0

Both server and client are on the same machine.

I've tried both setting discovery to automatic and the specific IP, no change.

I am also having the same issue. Server and client on same machine and remote client which responds the same way. This started happening yesterday 1-1-16 for the first time. Emby theater operates perfectly. I did run a saved Macrium Reflect image and it made no difference so save yourself some time Overseer and wait for a fix IMO !

Timing out trying to get your top libraries.

2015-12-31 21:56:59.1588,Error,,Error getting response from http://172.16.61.75:8096/mediabrowser/Users/92641581-4413-429b-9ab7-aec4c9097e7e/Items/Root?format=Json ( Exception.  Type=System.Net.WebException Msg=The operation has timed out 

This probably is happening on the first request made to the server since it started up (or maybe after a library scan).

DGMayor

Must be after a scan because I pretty much only restart the server when it updates.  The computer rarely reboots.  I have this happen quite frequently, but it only seem so to happen with my user, not my kid's.  I can exit my kids and load mine and this happens. 

How is it timing out if it's all on the same PC?

How is it timing out if it's all on the same PC?

The latency isn't in communications.  It is the server having to do a bunch of work before it can deliver your library.

DGMayor

What bunch of work could it be doing going from logged in as user b, to user select screen, to user a?   This just started about two months ago (beginning of November)

Overseer

My server (a separate machine) stays on 24/7 as well. Library scans are set to run only at 5:00AM my time and not during the evening.  My server could be watching paint peel and I still get this to happen. If it's trying to get library data from the server could it be a problem with the user data on the server? I'll have to match server log with client log next time this happens.

Any reason why EMC would go back to the Classic theme and not the normal set theme after this occurs?

What bunch of work could it be doing going from logged in as user b, to user select screen, to user a?   This just started about two months ago (beginning of November)

The way the server accesses your library is in a state of transition and started that transition about then.

Any reason why EMC would go back to the Classic theme and not the normal set theme after this occurs?

Your issue may be something different because I have never heard of or seen that.