Emby Doesn't Start on My Samsung F Series

cdarney3
Go to solution Solved by cdarney3,

cdarney3

I installed the V1 (now v1.0.3) on my Samsung TV.  Emby starts but I get no further than the opening screen with the splash screen.  When I initially installed v1 I had to re-input the server address.  I'm hoping I didn't enter it wrong.  I can't find a way to check the settings the Samsung client is using.

I've attached a log if that helps.

...Chuck

server-63587174814 12-31-15.txt

FrostByte

Did you enter your external IP?  If so you might want to delete that attachment :)  Use your internal IP/Port (192.168.1.x : 8096 probably).  You can delete the app and reinstall if you can't get to the screen again

Edit: The local server IP will be in the dashboard if you're not sure which one to use

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

cdarney3

I did enter the local server IP.  I guess I'll delete and retry.  The app on my Samsung phone works fine so the server is good.

• Solution
cdarney3

Deleting the app then re-installing it worked.  I don't know what made it stop.  Thanks for the response!

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
bazzabent

The problem I'm having is, when I open the app to play on my f-series tv, it says 'loading Emby' then stops and the tv reboots. I haven't been able to insert my server address as yet as the app has never opened.