Emby addon Kodi Isengard

sisso
Go to solution Solved by mellomade,

e1: The title is a little unsubscriptive so let me give it another try.

Cant play media on emby addon on Kodi Isengard

Hello

Couple of days ago I started setting up my Ubuntu Server and installed emby docker image for my media needs which is store on a ntfs drive on the server(The reason for why its ntfs is because it was hooked up to a windows os and it had some media that i wanted to keep).

I had a raspberry pi laying around so I wanted to set up a emby client for my parents.

I have connected to the emby server successfully via the emby addon v1.1.62 on openelec 6.0.0 with kodi isengard v15.2.

The problem that I am having is that I am unable to play any media on the raspberry pi.

When I select a movie it says "opening stream" for about 10 seconds.

Then to begin with I got an error saying

"Playback failed"

"one or more items failed to play. check logs"

but for some reason it stopped showing this popup but the logs stay the same

The logs state the it is skipping the item because it is unplayable but I am able to play the exact same media file in the emby web interface

I have looked around the web trying to find a solution. The only thing I have found is "Use http instead of SMB" but It looks like they have removed it from kodi isengard because I am unable to find the option.

Any help is appreciated 

kodi.log

Edited by sisso

• Solution
mellomade

Use UNC paths in your server library setup or use path substitution.

Kodi doesn't know what to do with your paths:

20:06:55 162.753647 T:1600123968   ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [/media/Aliens (1986) [ODI].mp4]

• Like 2