Anybody using Chromecast Audio as Multi Room?

jamvids

jamvids

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone has tried using Chromecast audios as Multi Room yet? I have one that is going in the car provisionally. The one thing I noticed was an audio delay setting. This I don't like the look of.

I forsee hours spent running around the house getting this to work right.

Basically am I waiting for 2nd gen to fix whatever didn't go right in the first. Another 4 CCA's isn't going to be that cheap (still phenomenally cheaper than Sonos)

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

feerlessleadr

I just picked up two CCA's and have been playing music through emby for the last hour, and both have been perfectly in sync with no fiddling. 

My biggest problems are actually with the emby app (using a nexus 6 on 6.0.1), which I'm sure I'm just missing:

- I can't seem to control the volume through the app/remote. The volume up/down/mute don't do anything when a song is playing

- I can't see the playlist/now playing list. When I fire up a playlist, or create an instant mix, in the remote, there is a tab for playlist, which I was expecting to show the queued songs, but it is always blank.

beside from those 2 things, everything has been working great, as expected. 

::EDIT:: Ok, so I'm not sure what happened, but literally right after I posted this, things went to hell on me. I'm going to start a new thread instead of jacking yours...

Edited by feerlessleadr

jamvids

There is a checkbox in the chromecast app to allow volume control. It does work . Is it mp3 you are using? What is your signal strength like?

jamvids

Oh and feel free to Jack this post. I wanna know everything about CCA

gator99

I use two, one is hooked up to a receiver with a aton 4 zone amp and my other is in my media room with two zones, so when they are both on I have a total of 7 separate zones.

With that said, Pandora, Google play music etc work great, but emby always gives me problems with one or both devices not showing up or just not connecting.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk