Emby extremely slow

mobamoba

mobamoba

I've attached two Emby server logs and my kodi log (I set the level to Debug in Emby settings) as I'm not sure which will help most, but, basically, Emby is insanely slow. It can take 10 seconds after hitting play for something to start and that or twice as long to delete a file after playback and update the library. Even going into the Metadata Manager can take seemingly forever.

My system is extremely fast - It's Win10 with GigE and I tested my Lan read/write speeds with a LAN speed test and they're all great. As an experiment, I also tried putting the Emby server on different machines with differing CPUs (like an old Core2 Duo laptop vs a more modern CPU) and varying degrees of RAM (from 2gb Win10 machine in a VM up to 8gb on a Win10 physical machine) and it really made no difference as it was super slow everywhere, so I'm thinking it's something within Emby that's slow. Thanks.

server-63587061554.txt

server-63587044254.txt

kodi.log

Edited by mobamoba

Angelblue05

It seems like when we tried to feed artwork to Kodi, it was timing out trying to load the artwork. Can you test the following link in your browser: http://192.168.1.118:8096/emby/Items/b0a28a2f9a4df09915405e7f529106d1/Images/Primary/0?MaxWidth=10000&MaxHeight=10000&Format=original&Tag=256e286c63a5efc12e4097b8e8a9393d&EnableImageEnhancers=false

Does it load? Let me know.

mobamoba

That loaded fine. And it's slow on everything including tasks that don't involve artwork like hitting play or delete.

xnappo

How big is your library?

Looking at the logs, I don't see anything wrong in the Kodi log, but in the server log there are lots of '(slow)' log messages.

I just looked at some of my logs, and while I had a couple, not nearly as many as you have.

You might try posting in the server section.  As an experiment, I would try adding just part of your movie library and see how it does.  Does Emby Server consume a lot of CPU cycles?

xnappo

mobamoba

My library is pretty small - maybe 10-15 movies and an equal number of series. But if it keeps persisting I'll post over in the server forum like you suggested.

mobamoba

It's not being blocked on 8096 or 8920; it works fine but is just super slow sometimes. Are there other ports beyond those that need to be opened? It's weird because it's a fairly recent issue. In the past I haven't had this speed issue with Emby.

xnappo

Not that I know of... Do you see the server process taking up a bunch of CPU or anything like that?  Also look for ffmpeg processes..