Will Media Browser app allow Recorded TV to play on Surface RT 8.1?

cjghome

I have tried to surf the forum looking for an answer to a few questions...

I can't understand most of what you all are talking about, way over my head.

I have BOUGHT the Media Browser app for both my WP 8.1 & Surface RT 8.1 (from Market Store app) and installed the MB server on my Windows 8.1 Pro w/MCE home computer.

FYI. I can watch Recorded TV on my WP8.1 with the MB app,

I can't seem to get it working on my Surface RT 8.1 tablet.

1st Question: Will the MB app allow me to watch Recorded TV shows on my Surface RT 8.1?

If not.

2nd Question: Do I need a plugin to do this?

If so.

3rd Question: What plugin?

If it will not work on Surface RT 8.1 please update App page to show it will not work on Surface RT (when I bought it, it stated it would work )

Thanks.

I only have a Surface pro, so no Win RT, but if you use the web interface and not the app to connect to the server, you should be able to see the Collection with the WTV files and it should transcode them as needed. Now the part I'm not sure is how MBS handles protected WTV files, these might  not be able to be transcoded, and then you might not be able to play them.

Let us know if this works.

I only have a Surface pro, so no Win RT, but if you use the web interface and not the app to connect to the server, you should be able to see the Collection with the WTV files and it should transcode them as needed. Now the part I'm not sure is how MBS handles protected WTV files, these might  not be able to be transcoded, and then you might not be able to play them.

Let us know if this works.

FYI....Surface RT will not allow the Web interface to install...I guess will need to wait till the support for "Collections" updated

FYI....Surface RT will not allow the Web interface to install...I guess will need to wait till the support for "Collections" updated

The web interface doesn't "install".  It is delivered by the server.  You can bring it up on any browser on any device by simply pointing to the proper URL.

I guess that the issue with the "install", is that with Windows 8.1, I can install the WEBM plugin and on RT you might not be able to, so back to the issue of MBS not working properly with IE11.