No option to play stream from TV guide tab

leerph

Is it just me but since the newest release I can no longer click on the title of a show in the guide and choose to play the stream. I have clicked on the channel logo, the guide area, and everywhere else and nothing pops up or does anything. If I switch over to the channels tab and click on the 3 dots to the right of the channel logo I get the options to play, etc. Was this changed in an update or is something wrong on my end? Thanks.

• Like 2

How were you doing it before? You're using this from a smartphone or tablet? Touch based interfaces have never had a way to direct play from the guide.

LOL. Thanks Luke. I guess I just imagined that. I also use the remote media center app and it does have that function. Any chance we can request that for future updates? It's very cumbersome to look through the guide to find the show you want to watch and then have to back out and then pull up the channel tab and scroll to your channel and play it from there. Perhaps make it where u can click on the channel logo area from the guide screen to open the options menu for play, etc. Anyway keep up the good work.

mjktg99

When you click on the show dont you have a big green play button?  Or am I misreading and you arent opening the show info at all and just looking for a drop down or pop out?

5682e81ff087e_Screenshot_20151229145454.

Edited by mjktg99

When I click on the name of the show in the guide I don't get that next screen with the green button. Clicking on an item in the guide does nothing. I thought that it did use to go to that next page as you show above.

I tried both the app and the Web interface and neither do anything from the guide screen anymore. The only way I see to now watch live TV is to go under the channels page and click the 3 dots over on the right side and choose play from there.

I tried both the app and the Web interface and neither do anything from the guide screen anymore. The only way I see to now watch live TV is to go under the channels page and click the 3 dots over on the right side and choose play from there.

I kind of see what you mean but it's actually just an issue of performance and the amount of data on screen. i will need to review it. thanks.

mjktg99

I kind of see what you mean but it's actually just an issue of performance and the amount of data on screen. i will need to review it. thanks.

Once on the guide I am able to click on a show from the web and android apps without any issue and play from there.  I do not have to go back to the channel list to open a stream.  I don't think its a performance issue @@Luke I think he is having an issue with his setup somewhere.

Server Version 3.0.5800.0

Android Phone Version 2.5.55

I've got the same Problem. On the live TV Guide i cant open the Channel any more. I hope this will be fixed soon.

Thank you.

mjktg99

I've got the same Problem. On the live TV Guide i cant open the Channel any more. I hope this will be fixed soon.

Thank you.

I am still not experiencing this issue on any of my devices, PC, Android Phone, Android TV or Roku.  What versions do you have running? @@chvb

Hello,

I'm running the Server Version 3.0.5782.0 on my Unraid Server in a Docker Container.

1. Samsung Tablet Pro 10.1 with Android 4.4.2

2. Lenovo Yoga Tablet Pro with Android 5.0.1

Both devices have problem in the TV Guide Tab.

it seems there are some Problems with the responsive design.

Scrolling is very slow and the biggest Problem is that i can't click on any TV channel.

I'm using the latest emby android client. I also tested the latest beta client.

Thanks.

Hello,

I'm running the Server Version 3.0.5782.0 on my Unraid Server in a Docker Container.

1. Samsung Tablet Pro 10.1 with Android 4.4.2

2. Lenovo Yoga Tablet Pro with Android 5.0.1

Both devices have problem in the TV Guide Tab.

it seems there are some Problems with the responsive design.

Scrolling is very slow and the biggest Problem is that i can't click on any TV channel.

I'm using the latest emby android client. I also tested the latest beta client.

Thanks.

We're working on it, thanks.