Delete option not working anymore with 1.1.68

heula

Not sure if this is a Kodi issue or the emby addon itself.

Since the last updates to 1.1.68 the deleting of files from the server is not working anymore. I have the option to rename end delete files enabled in Kodi and I can delete but only from the library. The file is not physically deleted like it did before. Normally I also get a popup message to remove the file from the server but that is not coming anymore.

I saw there is a new option to skip confirmation of deleting files but that does not matter if it is enabled or disabled.

If it is an addon issue can this fixed and otherwise I will post it on the kodi forum.

Emby%20for%20Kodi%20delete%20issue%201.j

Emby%20for%20Kodi%20delete%20issue%202.j

Kodi log

Edited by heula

Angelblue05

Your log is a nightmare to read. Disable Kodi debug please.

Just so I know what you did, you selected the item to delete from library, and you got no emby prompt? I will test on my side, let you know.

Angelblue05

I've just tested and it works fine over here with the settings enabled.

However I do realize now, that there shouldn't be a need to enable any settings to delete items via the context menu. The offer deletion verification should only be needed after playback. I will adjust this. Give me a few moments. Thanks

Edited by Angelblue05

@@heula

Can you give this build a try? Let me know if it works correctly. Thanks

Thanks, it's working again. With the new option enabled or disabled both working fine now.

I have disabled debug logging also for a next time.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Great thank you. The fix will be included in the next beta version. :)

Yeah, the settings are only meant to be applied at the end of playback. Silly mistake on my part.

Great thank you. The fix will be included in the next beta version. :)

Yeah, the settings are only meant to be applied at the end of playback. Silly mistake on my part.

No problem, glad it is fixed now. Thanks again.

• 1 month later...
Angelblue05

We no longer delete using the Kodi delete option (after we were made aware of the possibilities of deleting someone's entire library, the physical files, if Kodi decides to run a clean database task).

Instead, you will have to use the Delete option found by opening the context menu on the item to delete > Emby options > Delete. The skip confirmation applies to this context menu option. I will create an add-on entry point that you can assign the emby delete action to your keymap. Bonus, you no longer have to deal with the Kodi delete prompt anymore.

Edited by Angelblue05

We no longer delete using the Kodi delete option (after we were made aware of the possibilities of deleting someone's entire library, the physical files, if Kodi decides to run a clean database task).

Instead, you will have to use the Delete option found by opening the context menu on the item to delete > Emby options > Delete. The skip confirmation applies to this context menu option. I will create an add-on entry point that you can assign the emby delete action to your keymap. Bonus, you no longer have to deal with the Kodi delete prompt anymore.

Okay thanks. Can I assign that key in the keymap editor? When can we expect that?

Angelblue05

Yes you'll be able to. I'm just taking a quick break, before working some more on the add-on. I'll let you know once it's implemented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes you'll be able to. I'm just taking a quick break, before working some more on the add-on. I'll let you know once it's implemented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
heula

This will be available in the next beta build. Thanks for your patience!

Thanks and no problem.

heula

This will be available in the next beta build. Thanks for your patience!

I have installed the latest beta but I cat find where to set this delete key. I don't see anything Emby related in de keymap editor?

Angelblue05

It's very simple. In Kodi directory > userdata > keymaps > keyboard.xml(you may need to create it)

You just want to bind this to a key: RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.emby?mode=delete)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard> 
      <d>RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.emby?mode=delete)</d><!-- Delete emby item context menu shortcut will activate when pressing "d" -->
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
Edited by Angelblue05

heula

It's very simple. In Kodi directory > userdata > keymaps > keyboard.xml(you may need to create it)

You just want to bind this to a key: RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.emby?mode=delete)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard> 
      <d>RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.emby?mode=delete)</d><!-- Delete emby item context menu shortcut will activate when pressing "d" -->
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

I have keymap editor installed and because of that the created keymap.xml will be renamed to keymap.xml.bak.0 Keymap editor creates a gen.xml with my edited keys.

I thougt I would see an emby item with options in there.

Angelblue05

Ah, then you'll need to modify the file manually. :)  Sorry it's the best I can do, unless there's a way to enter a custom entry in the keymap editor (I'm not familiar with the add-on).

heula

Ah, then you'll need to modify the file manually. :)  Sorry it's the best I can do, unless there's a way to enter a custom entry in the keymap editor (I'm not familiar with the add-on).

I figured out how to use them both. I have disabled the Keymap editor and all my edited keys are still working. Now my keyboard.xml will not be renamed. When I need to change a key with the editor I just enable it, make the changes and disable it again.  :D

• Like 1

GollyJer

I'm trying to bind the actual delete button but it doesn't seem to work.  Does anyone have time to test it out and see if it's just me?

<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
	<delete>RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.emby?mode=delete)</delete>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

heula

I'm trying to bind the actual delete button but it doesn't seem to work.  Does anyone have time to test it out and see if it's just me?

<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

Tried that myself but doesn't work.

Angelblue05

Here's the keyboard layout: http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls

Current keymap: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml

It looks as though you can't overwrite default keys when using global tags (since delete already exists). If you assign a different key, does it work?

Edited by Angelblue05

GollyJer

It does work if I use a different key combination I don't want to tell people like my wife to "press Ctrl+D to delete".  I'd like it to just work.  I think we can figure this out...  we'll get there. :-)

The way I understand, after reading everything about my personal keyboard.xml, is that it should override the default keyboard.xml.  And, that some sections have their own definitions that have to be overridden.  <global> only works if the section doesn't have it's own specific commands.

After all of that I tried the below and it still didn't work.  :wacko:

<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
  <MyVideoPlaylist>
    <keyboard>
    </keyboard>
  </MyVideoPlaylist>
  <MyTVRecordings>
    <keyboard>
    </keyboard>
  </MyTVRecordings>
  <MyFiles>
    <keyboard>
    </keyboard>
  </MyFiles>
</keymap>
Edited by Jeremy Gollehon

Angelblue05

Ok, give me a sec to test this. I think maybe using <MyVideoLibrary> section it should technically work....

Angelblue05

Ok, this works to overwrite the default delete behavior in the video library:

<keymap>
  <MyVideoLibrary>
    <keyboard>
    </keyboard>
  </MyVideoLibrary>
<keymap>
Edited by Angelblue05