Initial sync "exited" on Beta 1.1.67

nixd

So here I am, everything the latest version and I'm still unable to start an initial sync.

Emby Server version:  3.0.5781.8

Kodi version: 15.2

Emby for Kodi Addon version: Beta 1.1.67

Kodi video library: MyVideos34.db93

I've set up everything nice, without issue. Native play (direc paths), disabled music library, didn't enter any network credentials.

And when I launch Kodi, the sync starts and right at 0%, I get a "sync thread exited" error. Can't move past that.

Here's the log:

23:18:59 T:1752   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-10:
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\threading.py", line 810, in __bootstrap_inner
                                                self.run()
                                              File "C:\Users\nixd\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\librarysync.py", line 1218, in run
                                                self.run_internal()
                                              File "C:\Users\nixd\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\librarysync.py", line 1300, in run_internal
                                                librarySync = self.startSync()
                                              File "C:\Users\nixd\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\librarysync.py", line 97, in startSync
                                                completed = self.fullSync()
                                              File "C:\Users\nixd\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\librarysync.py", line 224, in fullSync
                                                self.maintainViews(embycursor, kodicursor)
                                              File "C:\Users\nixd\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\librarysync.py", line 374, in maintainViews
                                                tagid = kodi_db.createTag(foldername)
                                              File "C:\Users\nixd\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\kodidb_functions.py", line 814, in createTag
                                                cursor.execute(query, (name,))
                                            OperationalError: no such table: tag

I've seen similar situations on the forum but never with a "no such table: tag" ending. Most of the time it's path.

To solve this, should I install Kodi Jarvis Beta #4? Would it be better than 15.2 stable?

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

~

Angelblue05

If you are able to, delete your video database (MyVideos93.db) and start Kodi. This should correct the issue. Somehow the table is missing when it shouldn't be, so hopefully when Kodi recreates the database, it should contain the tag table. Let me know.

I could try that, thanks.

But I was kinda hoping that emby would get the watched state and all that info from the Kodi db. I'm starting to think that it would never have been the case, because the initial sync is one way; from emby to kodi. Is that correct?

If so, how can I migrate my watched state info etc from Kodi to Emby? Because right now it seems all over the place, sort of random-ish..

Sorry if I have digressed a little bit..

Angelblue05

That is correct. You have two options: You can either back up your watch status to Trakt, then import it via your Emby server. Or you can use Kodi to back up your info as NFO file, it should save your watched status, and once you import your content to the Emby server, it will read the NFO and mark your content accordingly.

Then you need to start fresh. We first import your content from your server to Kodi. Then, we maintain your library so it's the same as it's found on your server (goes both ways, watched on Kodi will be marked watched on your server and vice versa). I hope this clarifies the process. :)

Edited by Angelblue05