Remove "Suggested" page and Enter a channel number directly in guide?

vipz28

So I may just suck at searching, but is there a way to remove the "Suggested" page all together from the liveTV app?

Also, is it possible in the guide to just type in the channel number (either using the keyboard or my remote) to go directly to a channel without having to scroll through them all? Or while watching one channel to just type in the next channel I want to switch to?

And lastly, is it possible to make it so that when I hit enter on a channel, it just plays, instead of popping up another menu that I then have to select play from?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

What is the "live tv app"?

If you are talking about the web client, then I don't think any of that is configurable at this time but there are direct links to go to the guide from the menus (to avoid the suggestions).

• 10 months later...
ivoidwarranties

Hi, resurrecting this thread since I am wondering the same thing.

I am using the Emby app on Android TV.  

• Is it possible to enter the channel number instead of scrolling through all the channels (guide)?
  • Is it possible to play a channel when selecting it, instead of popping up another menu?

1) Not at this time.  Channel "numbers" are becoming somewhat passe :) and the remotes for all devices other than built-in TVs have no number buttons.

2) Yes.  Just hit the play button on your remote instead of select.

ivoidwarranties

1) Booo. I know the recently viewed channels are displayed on top, but it is still a pain to page down to get to the channel I want (I even removed the unwanted channels from the HDHomeRun)... it would be nice to be able to enter the channel number.

2) Can there be an option for select to play instead of bringing up the menu?  To your point, the remotes nowadays only have a select button, most of them don't have the play / pause / fast forward / rewind  ;)

CBers

Hi, resurrecting this thread since I am wondering the same thing.

I am using the Emby app on Android TV.  

• Is it possible to enter the channel number instead of scrolling through all the channels (guide)?
  • Is it possible to play a channel when selecting it, instead of popping up another menu?

1) Not at this time.  Channel "numbers" are becoming somewhat passe :) and the remotes for all devices other than built-in TVs have no number buttons.

2) Yes.  Just hit the play button on your remote instead of select.

1) Not in the UK they're not. I always select my channel by number as there are too many to scroll through.

1) Booo. I know the recently viewed channels are displayed on top, but it is still a pain to page down to get to the channel I want (I even removed the unwanted channels from the HDHomeRun)... it would be nice to be able to enter the channel number.

2) Can there be an option for select to play instead of bringing up the menu?  To your point, the remotes nowadays only have a select button, most of them don't have the play / pause / fast forward / rewind  ;)