iOS to chromecast language and subtitle switch problem

jscoys

jscoys

Hi, it's for sure a problem for people who like to switch beetween several languages. As you can see on this video : https://youtu.be/DBQLCosD93E

If we cast and go into control area, we can't switch to another languages or subtiles and we're forced to use the defaults ones.

Could someone confirm the same comportement?

This has to do with the chromecast receiver.

You CAN switch subtitles if the Chromecast app can change the subtitles without stopping and restarting the video. If it needs to stop and restart the video, then this is not implemented yet in the chromecast receiver, and that's also why changing audio tracks doesn't work yet. I'll try to add support for that soon.

• 2 weeks later...
jscoys

@@Luke : Thx very much it works great now!

Just one or two things to debug : If I have only one subtitle in a movie, this one is selected by default and I haven't any possibility to remove it from Ios App. (It's selected and if I click on it it remains selected...).

Second bug is If I have a theme music for a movie, it starts to play on my Ios Device. If I select my ChromeCast and then play the movie, the theme music continues to play on my Ios Device and Meanwhile the movie is played on ChromeCast. What is very anoying is if I click on stop button on the bottom bar it stops the theme music on my IOS Device AND the movie playing on the ChromeCast, like the same button is used for both playback???

If you resolve these two bugs, it will be the perfect ChromeCast streaming software!  :)

You're saying there's no Off option in the subtitle menu, or there is but it's not working?

jscoys

No. As you can see on this picture if i click on cc we can see thaï the only one subtitle available in the movie is activated when launching it and i don't have any option to deactivate it.

post-332-0-49756200-1452343226_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...
jscoys

24af6515d743567365d249e3539328f9.jpg

As you can see on this picture of my iPhone playing directly a video, if I would like to select subtitles, I have an option "off". That's this option that is expected to be found on Chrome cast sub selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk