Kodi Movie Library Not Syncing to Emby Server

Rockyrob

Rockyrob

I am looking for some help with Syncing Kodi Library to the EMBY Server.

The Setup:

Emby Server Version 3.0.5781.8 running as Docker On UNRAID Nas Version 6.1.6

Multiple Rasperry Pi's connected on local wired LAN running OSMC 

Emby Kodi Addon installed (Latest Stable version 1.04)

The Movies are in folders on the Unraid Server and I am using nfs to stream to the Pi's. 

eg. Kodi source on Pi :  nfs://192.168.1.14/mnt/user/Movies/Features

I have only 1 user setup in Kodi (Tom) and in Kodi on the Pi's, and the user has admin rights. There is no password set for the user.

I have tried setting up path substitutions in the Emby Media Library. 

eg.

From                                             To

/mnt/Movies/Features nfs://192.168.1.14/mnt/user/Movies/Features

What Works

The initial library Sync appears to happen and the movie metadata is downloaded and updated by Emby and appears in Kodi on the raspberry pi .

The.info files are created for the movies in the folders by Emby server.

When I start Kodi on the Pi's I get a message from Emby saying that the server was detected, and that user "Tom" is also detected.

What Doesn't Work

If you start a movie and stop it, then restart, the  "Resume From" info appears on the Pi, but that information never gets synced to the .info files on the Emby server. Therefore, you never get the benefit of the consolidated database to resume the movie from another location.

Some Observations and Attempts to Fix

I have tried to set the "Sync user watch data to nfo's for:" setting to "Tom" on the NFO tab of Metadata in the Emby Server, but it immediately gets cleared if I leave the tab and return.

If I Filter the media from witihin the EMby Server to show "resumable" movies, nothing ever appears.

I have checked the movie database within the Kodi clients and the bookmark data is definitely being updated there. It is just not syncing to the emby server .info files.

I have also tried changing the following settings in the Metadata section of the EMby Server.

Metadata

Customize for media type:MoviesCollectionsSeriesSeasonsEpisodesGamesGame systemsMusic artistsMusic albumsMusic videosSongsHome videosBooksPeople

Metadata readers:
Rank your preferred local metadata sources in order of priority. The first file found will be read.

Metadata savers:
Nfo

If anyone could shed some light on what I am missing, I would very much appreciate it. While I am no Linux expert, I am fairly technical. 

Thanks in advance.

Rockyrob

AS I am new to this community, I am wondering if anyone has any insight to this problem, or have I posted in the wrong area or left something out of the post? I did not include a log with the post because I am not experiencing a crash or something of that nature.

Can anyone direct me to the correct place to post this if it is posted in the wrong section of the site?

Thanks.

xnappo

This is the right section - just a lot going on with the massive changes in the new beta. 

Just to be sure - you didn't point Kodi to any of files/directories right?  You had a clean Kodi database, and then set up the Emby for Kodi addon? 

If so - then you need to capture a log with debug set to 'info' in the addon settings.  Start Kodi, change the log setting, start a movie, stop a movie then post the log.  See 'How to report a problem' thread for details.

Just FYI - Emby for Kodi does not use any NFO files itself - all the information comes from the server.

xnappo

Rockyrob

Thank you for your response. I am not sure what the statement below means.

Just to be sure - you didn't point Kodi to any of files/directories right?  You had a clean Kodi database, and then set up the Emby for Kodi addon? 

I have "favorites" set up in the Skin (APP TV) within Kodi to make it easy to get to the movies. For Example, The is a "Christmas Movies" Favorite defines and the media source for that is //nfs:192.168.1.14/mnt/user/Movies/Christmas Movies. This is the location on the NAS where those movies reside. 

I am not sure how to "clean" the local Kodi database prior to installing the Kodi for Emby addon. There is a function witihn Kodi Settings/Videos/Library area to "clean" the database, but I believe that just removes any media that has been deleted or renamed. It does not "erase" the local database.

Does that answer the question? Also, I have completed the reset/resync local Kodi databasefunction within the Kodi Addon after installing it. Shouldn't that clean the local database and then populate it from the Emby server .info files?

I will also try and do what you requested to capture a log and attach to the next post.

Rockyrob

XBMC Debug Log.pdf

I have started the Movie :National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation", stopped it and then resumed it on the RPI. When I restarted it, it does give me the option to "Resume" on the Pi, but it does not show up as Resumable on the emby server and it does not show up as a "Movie In Progress" within the Emby for Kodi Addon.

The log is attached.

Thanks for any help.

Tom

xnappo

Not sure why you post a PDF for a text file, but the problem is this:

2527. 13:40:37 57991.199219 T:2799178784 NOTICE: EMBY Player -> Could not find itemId, cancelling playback report...

The only way I can think of that this would happen would be if the item you are playing back is not something from the Emby server.

A couple of questions:

1. Does this happen with both iso and non-iso movies?

2. Can you possibly try a fresh install on a PC and see if you have the issue?

3. Can you please post your 'sources.xml' file in the userdata folder?

I think the fix is going to be to clear our your Kodi setup and start over, but want to make sure before suggesting that.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo