Auto boxset item deleting

Lee

I was having an issue (probably a legacy thing) where some of my boxsets weren't showing in clients but were on the web interface... soooo I installed the auto boxsets thingy.

I now have multiple boxsets twice ... if I go to the delete option it says on the server it'll wipe the files out too??? surely that can't be right?? I only want to remove one of the instances of boxset. guess you're the man to answer this one @@ebr

post-299-0-14690200-1451068473_thumb.jpg

You'll need to be careful because, if some of your box sets are actually created in the file system (with a parent folder with the boxset tag) then, yes, it may delete the movies too.

If it is, instead, a box set created with the web client or plug-in, then it will only delete the box set.

You'll need to be careful because, if some of your box sets are actually created in the file system (with a parent folder with the boxset tag) then, yes, it may delete the movies too.

If it is, instead, a box set created with the web client or plug-in, then it will only delete the box set.

oh bugger... to make matters worse the items that didn't show up still aren't??? surely there's a way to remove them from the collections without deleting the files???? and how the bloody hell do I get a box set to show up that isn't??? :blink:

oh and MERRY CHRISTMAS!! lol

The one you posted a screen shot of looks like one of the automatic ones.  It would be safe to delete, but it will come back if you have the plug-in installed.

Instead, what you should do is re-organize your movies out of the physical box set folders (if that's how they are) and just let the plug-in do its thing.

if i do that does it retain the information for a re-install??

boxset artwork etc mainly, i've done LOADS of custom ones...

i do have a separate IBN folder where i've put MARVEL for example does it create an xml of where to look for the artwork???

in the meantime I went in to appdata and removed them. that worked. can't figure out why ice age is in as a boxset tho there is no boxset file in there but it still shows in the webclient??????????

Happy2Play

in the meantime I went in to appdata and removed them. that worked. can't figure out why ice age is in as a boxset tho there is no boxset file in there but it still shows in the webclient??????????

What does the path say in metadata manager?

Koleckai Silvestri

Temporarily change the permissions on your custom boxsets so that the user Emby is running under cannot delete them. This will prevent you from deleting those.

• Like 1

What does the path say in metadata manager?

I've removed my boxsets folder (was a right pain!) put all the artwork in IBN in a collections folder to use later. @@ebr where do the images go from the autoboxsets plugin?? i'd like to use/modify some of them. Also if I remove the plugin now it'll leave the boxsets as is on the server right???

Deathsquirrel

I've removed my boxsets folder (was a right pain!) put all the artwork in IBN in a collections folder to use later. @@ebr where do the images go from the autoboxsets plugin?? i'd like to use/modify some of them. Also if I remove the plugin now it'll leave the boxsets as is on the server right???

If you uninstall the plugin the only changes that should happen to your boxsets are ones you make.  That's been my experience.  I remove it after it creates the base boxsets for just this reason.  Sometimes there are edits in the TMDB data I don't like and don't want to replicate.  For example, I've seen a Monty Python movie collection come and go several times on TMDB

• Like 1