Has anything do with fanart images changed in .65?

emko

Still no fanart showing?

567f349281f39_fanart.png

fanart shows in movies view and tv shows view but on the main skin page spotlight it does not also browsing around in the movies/tv shows the textures13.db increase in size and the fanart will then show up on the main menu spotlight

this all worked on .62 release 

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I don't know what could explain the outcome you are having. I'll get back to you on this. According to your last log, the script skin helper looked to be fine (as in, no more crash)

567f365f5a20f_fanartspotlit.png

Angelblue05

fanart shows in movies view and tv shows view but on the main skin page spotlight it does not also browsing around in the movies/tv shows the textures13.db increase in size and the fanart will then show up on the main menu spotlight

this all worked on .62 release 

I should have been more precise, the add-on only caches the fanart and poster. Kodi still caches everything else (all other type of artwork displayed, including people), so it's normal to see textures13.db increase while browsing.

I should have been more precise, the add-on only caches the fanart and poster. Kodi still caches everything else (all other type of artwork displayed, including people), so it's normal to see textures13.db increase while browsing.

i don't really understand but once i go to movies and highlight a movie the texture size increases and then this one movie fanart will show in the spotlight, in .62 fanart loaded fine in the spotlight.

"auto add images to the kodi texture cache" seems not to do anything the size of the textures13.db never increases during the db reset

i turned on kodi debugging and ran the db reset for a bit so the logs wont be so big hope it helps

i will go back to .62 see how that worked.

ok back on .62 the textures13.db is increasing very fast that's the only thing i can think is wrong .66 option "auto add images to the kodi texture cache" is not working

i see in the .62 logs

18:21:00 T:28176  NOTICE: EMBY TextureCache -> logMsg : Adding Art Link for kodiId:

and in .66 this never happens

Edited by emko

Angelblue05

Yeah, I see it too now. I've just removed all thumbnails and textures13.db

Thanks for looking and testing emko. Will let you know once I have something for you to try out.

Edited by Angelblue05

Yeah, I see it too now. I've just removed all thumbnails and textures13.db

Thanks for looking and testing emko. Will let you know once I have something for you to try out.

No problem thank you for working so hard on this :)

Good news, found the cache issue. I'm still looking into the extra fanart lag.

nice let me know if you need me to test anything

thanks

i tested it :) works good now, i don't know what the extra fanart lag issue is maybe someone else has that problem

Edited by emko
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Hah, you are quick :)

The lag

When you move your cursor around in the movie library, the fanart doesn't change. I suspect since the path is the same for all movies, it's not treating it as a new item to display. I might have to change the movie paths.

This is only an issue when extra fanart is enabled. Otherwise it works fine in Kodi.

I don't want to force marcelveldt to adjust his script.

Edit: Yeah, just as I thought, it's because the path doesn't change. Hm...

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

The fix for artwork cache is in 1.1.67

Unchanging fanart in the movie library is still being worked on. However, there's already another thread for it, so I marked this thread as completed.

Angelblue05

Indeed badass. I've messaged marcelveldt to see if it would be an easy fix for his script. In fixing other bugs in the addon, I didn't realize multi fanart would break if the path was identical for all movies. Only the filename differs, so the script no longer picks up that the cursor is not on the same item if you move it around (the exception being boxsets).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1