Watching a TV recording in progress?

cncb

Can anyone tell me what happens when watching a TV recording in progress?  This would be MPEG2 with no transcoding (.ts from NPVR) on the Shield TV.  Does playback stop when you hit the end of the recording (length when you started playback)?  Or does it know how long the recording will be and update things accordingly?  Is there different behavior when using the built-in Emby TV?  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
spencerisadog

I am not able to watch a recording until after the episode is complete.  Even though it shows up as soon as the episode starts in my Recordings list, playing it just results in spinning wheels.

I am not able to watch a recording until after the episode is complete.  Even though it shows up as soon as the episode starts in my Recordings list, playing it just results in spinning wheels.

What live TV back-end are you using?

I just started a recording and then went to Recorded TV and started playing that item and it worked.

This is using the built-in TV in the server.

spencerisadog

Same, Emby back-end.  Just last night my wife asked if American Idol was recording, it was 20 minutes after it had started.  The recording was there, we started playing it.  I got the Android loading circle and the playback length was 00:00.  If I recall correctly, this has happened with other shows.  We rarely watch shows when they're on though, so it's not a huge deal.

Maybe it depends on the exact content.  My test worked but it transcoded and couldn't seek because we had no media info on the stream.