How to see my directory path in Kodi?

ravingzeus

ravingzeus

Hi

I will try to explain the best way I can.

I have 2 raspberry Pi2 device with Kodi running on them, I was able to install my emby server and the emby addon on my 2 devices and changed the themes to be able to add shortcut on the main screen

I have created in the emby server a MOVIE Library with 4 shared  folder in it, those 4 folder represent 4 different hard drive, it contains TV shows, movies and personnal video all mixed together.  It represent a lot of files.

I'am able to access all those file on KODI, but there is no way to navigate in the files by directory (like the SMB share setting)

I was always using KODI by navigating via SMB share in the video file section, I like to use this method because, I know where my files are in my drive.
Is there a way to use emby by navigating in my files the same way I was doing in SMB share mode? I don't know if I explain it correctly, I want to navigate like you do in Windows Explorer through my folders.

I tried a lot of things and can't make it work the same way as SMB share, under the VIDEO/files section in Kodi, I do see my 2 old SMB share drive, but I also have now 4 EMBY entry, but when I click on them it says "invalid argument" and another error message saying "can't connect to network server".  If I check the source of the emby entry, its all pointing to smb://embydummy/dummypath(1to4)/ entry.  I'am pretty sure i'am not far to make it works, but can't find what's wrong

So is, it possible to navigate the same way as SMB shared drive with Emby? And if yes, how can I do that?

Thanks

ravingzeus

Simple, Because I want to be able to synch my library over all my device to be able to pause a movie at one place and restart it at another place or be able to see what file as been seen already or not.

is it doable or not?

Edited by ravingzeus

Diedrich

In Emby Server you can add different sources to represent different media. I would suggest separating each type of media into its own folder, i.e. <Movies> <Home Video> <TV> <Music>, etc. This way the media is separate and can be properly identified in Emby. Your setup will then be reflected in Kodi.

Edited by dvgmar

ravingzeus

I was already using air video HD server to remote access my video from any IOS device, this server allow you to navigate like SMB share drive, I was sure emby server could do the same thing

I wanted to avoid moving all my files, do to a backup program structure I don't want to recreate and torrent file sharing location, but if I have no choice I will do it.

I was thinking that if I see the 4 new emby item under video file in kodi it's because it represents my 4 entry in emby server and that it was doable but was not working because my setting was wrong somewhere.

So what are those entry for? Why can't I access them? Why are they there exactly?

Thanks for your help

Edited by ravingzeus

Angelblue05

They are only there to force kodi to see content when enabling masterlock, because we do not add sources.

We add metadata directly to Kodi and maintain it in "sync" with the emby server. The add-on is not meant to be used to access your content via Kodi (via video files), but to simply display and play your content via library mode.

I'm releasing the new beta today, which contains support for home videos. If you think emby can't properly gather info because your content is mixed up, etc., you can select home videos as content type in emby instead. Then all your content will be added as a minimal custom video entry in Kodi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05