Emby connect ID not working with IOS app

enthous

I've got a separate Emby connect ID (not the one I use here) that I use for testing as a user, not an administrator.  

Right now I can log in to my server using that ID from the web browser on my PC and Safari on my IOS devices. However, the same userid/pwd doesn't work on the IOS app on either my iPhone or my iPads.  I get "invalid username or password" error message.  

I tried deleting the user on my server and adding it again, but that didn't help.

I'm suspicious of the "Recent Activity" I'm seeing.  There's an entry that says the configuration has been updated that accompanies the failed logins.  I don't see that entry when the login works (eg, on the web app).

567b56de5cae3_RecentActivity.jpg

Yes, I'm sure.  I have no local users.  Also, while trying to figure this all out I deleted the user and redid the invite/accept thing, hoping maybe whatever was causing the problem would clear up if I started from scratch.  I can also sign into these forums with that userid/pwd.  

Yes, it does, but I don't think that's it. I just realized there are two different login screens in the app. One seems to be for local users. It shows my Admin icon as a previous login (a local account), and my local Admin login works from that page. On the bottom of that screen there's a button that says "sign in with Emby Connect". If I follow that link and use the Emby Connect login page, it works. I'm not sure how I got the local login screen instead of the Emby connect, but that was definitely my problem.

We can't get any further than the Select server selection though. We're having remote connection problems using the app. We recently got a new Apple AirPort Extreme router but I don't know if that's the issue. We've opened up ports 8096 and 8920 and I can get to the server via the external IP address using the app if I define a server manually by entering the remote IP address; but I can't get to it using Emby connect in the app. Trying to connect from the app using Emby connect just spins for a long time and then finally says it can't connect, or it goes back to the local login page.

Are there known problems with the IOS app and Emby Connect? Or using AirPort Extreme?

Okay, I feel ridiculous. After all that messing around, somehow I'm now able to connect with the app using Emby Connect. It now can recognize my server after I manually entered the remote IP address as an additional server. I'm officially baffled.

I'm still having troubles with Emby Connect from the app. I'm going to start a new thread, since the headline for this one doesn't seem apropos for the problems any longer.  I've solved the login issue.