Music skipping on Fire TV

mskenny

First, I really appreciate having music on the Fire TV app.  However, I'm having a problem on my Fire Stick.  I'm trying to play the album Genesis Live and the songs keep skipping to the next song after about 30 seconds to a minute.  It seems to happen just before the control screen fades away and the display changes to show a picture of the band and just the album and song name.  I tried playing a single song from the album, but it just stopped after about 1:30 and wouldn't restart.

I tried another album and had the same problem.  Please find a fix for this as I've been awaiting this feature for some time.  Thank you!

I doubt this is related to the display at all.

Are you sure those songs don't have any sort of DRM on them?  What format are they?  It sounds like the player is simply having trouble playing them.

• 3 weeks later...
mskenny

I doubt this is related to the display at all.

Are you sure those songs don't have any sort of DRM on them?  What format are they?  It sounds like the player is simply having trouble playing them.

Sorry, I didn't see the response right away.  The songs are in FLAC format and don't have any DRM.  I ripped them myself.  I was able to play music the other day without issue so this may just have been a one-time glitch.  If it happens again I'll report back.  Thanks.