Emby keeps crashing

bvilela

I keep getting this error everytime I use Emby Classic, " PROGRAM NOT RESPONDING The emby program has stopped responding and you will be returned to Windows Media Center. ". It happens randomly around 10 minutes after watching. Upon hitting the OK button, the video continues to play but Emby does not registered as played. It suggests to Resume at the point when the message appeared. Below is the link to both MBClassic and Server Logs.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fx4fhbv3ynx5sn4/AAAPS65bAipqjZZZV4TzoYkoa?dl=0

This started happening after a server update weeks ago.

Let me know if you need any more information,

Thank you

Wow - we are locked in a recursive loop.

My first guess is that you have somehow setup some sort of circular reference within your file system via either a shortcut or symlink.

IOW - you have a child of a folder pointing back to its parent.

OK, is there any way of knowing where this recursive loop is happening? File System - does this mean within Windows or Emby?

My File Structure is pretty simple:

I have a front end named HTPC where WMC and MBClassic are installed (No media)

I have a server named Voyager where the Emby Server is installed (No Media)

I have a server named Monster where the media is stored

There are only (2) Folders: "Movies" and "Recorded TV" shared in the Emby Media Library (both shared using a UNC path, ex. \\MONSTER\Videos\Movies)

To my knowledge there are no shortcuts or symlinks, the only thing that I can think of, at one point I added a path Substitution under Library to avoid the server transcoding.

I also have Plex installed in the same format and it does not have any issues or recursive loops.

Thanks,

any help is appreciated,

If your library is setup with UNC paths there would be no need for path substitution.  Exactly how did you set that up?

Both Voyager and HTPC's OS is Windows 7, I mapped a network drive V:\ to \\Monster\Videos, then added the Path Substitutions as per image attached. Prior to this, Voyager was transcoding.

567afd4f37f1e_Emby01.jpg

Okay.  That will work but, since your media is on a network drive already, I would suggest doing away with the mapped drives and the path substitution and just pointing the library directly at \\MONSTER\Videos...

As suggested, I removed the map drives and path substitutions, restarted the server but I continue to get the same "Program Not Responding" notice. The good thing is that it is still not trancoding (direct play).

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Okay, please go to the web client and bring up a detail page on any item.  Then, look in your browser's address bar and you will see a part of it that says "ItemId=xxxx" where xxxx is string of numbers and letters.  Select the xxxx portion of the address and replace it with the following and hit enter.  Then post a screen shot of what you see.  Thx.

9718e1b8760aab2792eca7a60d80f833

If I did this correctly, when I replace the xxxx portion of the address with "9718e1b8760aab2792eca7a60d80f833", it states, "Supporter membership required".