Emby Windows 10 App Limited Playback

josuff36

josuff36

Hello:

I have Emby Server on a W8.1 PC that serves Windows Media Center to three Xboxes.  It's worked fine for as long as I've had it (thanks!).  I recently installed Emby Windows 10 app on a laptop so my son could watch his recorded shows but have an issue.  The app installed fine and connected to the server; I have four categories installed - Christmas Movies, Kids Movies, Movies and Recorded TV and they all appeared on the start screen.  I chose each category to test but no movies/recorded TV appears.  I then entered a title of a known movie in my library, it found it and played it.  I tried numerous others and it worked each time.  I then tried recorded TV (Gilligan's Island )and it found the episodes and allowed me yo play them.  But when I went back to the main screen with the four categories listed, nothing else appears, I have to enter a title in the search box to play anything.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be?  How do I get the movies, etc to be listed when a category is selected?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Joe 

post-835-0-59460900-1450665252_thumb.png

post-835-0-61918600-1450665343_thumb.png

Hi, welcome. Just curious, are you able to see the content under the categories when using the web interface?

josuff36

Thanks for the help, Luke.

I tried remote access on the laptop (located on the same home network and using the remote access address listed on the dashboard on the main PC running the Emby Server) and it gave me an error, 'Page can't be displayed'.  Do I need to make sure the port listed at the end of the remote access IP is open via Windows Firewall?  Do I need to do anything with port forwarded on the router?  Do I need to test it away from the home network?  Sorry for all of the questions, just trying to cover all bases.

Joe

Vidman

For external access you must have the port forwarded to your emby servers ip. Some routers do not support hairpinning which is required to use your external ip within your home LAN so best to test truely external to your LAN

• Like 1

Thanks for the help, Luke.

I tried remote access on the laptop (located on the same home network and using the remote access address listed on the dashboard on the main PC running the Emby Server) and it gave me an error, 'Page can't be displayed'.  Do I need to make sure the port listed at the end of the remote access IP is open via Windows Firewall?  Do I need to do anything with port forwarded on the router?  Do I need to test it away from the home network?  Sorry for all of the questions, just trying to cover all bases.

Joe

Hi, welcome. Yes Vidman is correct. Also be sure to check out our wiki on connectivity:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Connectivity

Let us know if you have any additional questions.