Other users uable to change Home Screen thumbs

diaz1510

diaz1510

Using the web client in Firefox on windows 10.

I just updated to 81.8 and it deleted my customized home screen thumbs (TV Shows, Movies, Music, Trailers, etc) and set them to some other style.  A little annoying to not be able to keep my settings when updating but not a huge deal as I changed it back to what I had before.  The real issue is now my other users are unable to change their home screen thumbs back to what was set before.  When they right-click on the thumb to bring up the options for that thumb, there is no "Edit" option as there is for me, the administrator.  Am I missing something, a setting of some sort?  They were customized before I updated so I'm not sure what happened.

diaz1510

interesting...not quite the answer I was expecting...

OK, let's try this again....maybe I was incorrectly identifying what i was meaning to describe...

When I updated to the latest server version, lost all my home screen images.  Below is a screenshot of how it CURRENTLY looks after I re-applied my personalized images.  These are also the images that were applied BEFORE I updated to the latest version:

56774cb113c4f_01.jpg

Now, here is a screenshot of one of my other users' homescreen.  These are the thumbs that my profile was changed to as well when I updated to 81.8, however I was able to update them to my personalized ones:

56774d0dcd30f_02.jpg

Now...here is a screenshot of me right-clicking one of the thumbs while logged in as my admin profile, notice them "Edit Images" option:

56774d9799dc8_03.jpg

And here is a screenshot logged in as one of my non-admin user's profiles, with the lack of the "Edit Images" option when right-clicking on a thumb:

56774dc8b0cc8_04.jpg

Just a note: the TRAILERS thumb did however change to the one I customized in my admin account, but none of the others...curious...

I have no desire to keep the stock images and would like to personal them on other non-admin users accounts.  This was easily done in previous versions.  Now, it maybe located somewhere else in Emby, and I may simply be overlooking it.  Do I change it within my admin profile? And if so, I don't see where there is an option to change it per each individual user.

I hope this clarified my question.

Thanks.

Edited by diaz1510

Thanks. Yes you're right image editing is restricted to admins and that has left non-admins unable to customize their images so that will need to be addressed, thanks.

diaz1510

That's fine too, but as the admin, where do I go to change their images?  Because when I changed mine in my admin profile, the other accounts did not follow..

• 1 month later...
diaz1510

OK, just updated to 5818 server version and this is still an issue. I thought this was going to be fixed by now.  What am I doing wrong?  My other users have not been able to customize their home screen images while in firefox web client.  I, as the admin, can't even change the images.  My admin account has the ability to change but not my users.  And as for changing them within the dashboard, well, they are changed to the custom ones, but it still doesn't show up in other users home screens.

56a5258c68614_Untitled.jpg

It's GOT to be something I'm doing wrong...

Edited by diaz1510

Thanks. Yes you're right image editing is restricted to admins and that has left non-admins unable to customize their images so that will need to be addressed, thanks.

diaz1510

LOL, you basically just cut/paste your response form earlier. Not sure how to take this.  I kind of left it alone after the last time you posted that response understanding that these issues need time to get resolved, but I posted that while on server 5781.8 and there have been a number of server updates since then.  I guess I just assumed this was a problem worth fixing within a few builds...guess not.  When can we expect this to be re-implemented?  Is there a work around for the time being?  Can I change it for them via my admin account somehow?  Or are you saying they are stuck with what the defaults are for now?

Edited by diaz1510